cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwalsh

File Transfer Access Denied

logmein_file_transfer_error_2.PNG

Hi LogMeIn Community,

I've encountered an issue and would appreciate any insights or suggestions you might have.

Issue: I am able to successfully connect to a host computer using the LogMeIn client for remote control and can edit files without any problems. However, when I attempt to use the file transfer functionality with the same credentials, I receive an error message stating, "connection refused. You do not have the rights to access files on this computer."

Details:

• Remote Control Access: Works perfectly. I can control the host and make changes to files.
  • File Transfer Attempt: After connecting to the host, I try to transfer files but get the error mentioned above.
  • Credentials: Same credentials are used for both remote control and file transfer.
  • Environment: Both computers are running the latest version of LogMeIn software.

Questions:

1. Are there different firewall settings or ports that need to be configured specifically for the File Manager/File Transfer functionality as opposed to Remote Control?
  2. Could there be additional security settings or policies on the host machine that might block file transfers but allow remote control?

Any guidance or troubleshooting steps you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: File Transfer Access Denied

Hi @cwalsh, welcome to the GoTo Community, 

Thanks for the screenshot and detail in your post. It doesn't seem like a firewall issue. 

The error message,  Connection refused, You do not have the right to access files on this computer, usually means the host itself hasn't allowed the user access to the files (though you can edit and create files, transferring a file is different).

How are you signed in? Can you check the User Access Control window and ensure you have full control

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
ArRFqa

I have an exactly similar issue.

I have the same setup on my other machines, and I can access them as well as share files but one of my machines have same exact issue as described above.

And to answer your questions on User access right you refer (webpage you referred), I don't have any specific user setting in all of them (i.e. empty)

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@ArRFqa , welcome to the Community, 

How are you signed in?

You may need to grant permissions to the Windows user profile so that he can use and manage the File Manager. This could be due to permissions associated with the Windows Admin.  

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training