cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CkGottafly
New Contributor

GoTo and Logmein's Failure to keep up with IT Needs - Microsoft ID Authentication

More and More computers are being setup with Microsoft ID Authentication and Logmein Central has NO METHOD to Authenticate!

I have been a LogMein Central Admin for 10 years and have had no problem Logging into remote computer's connected to our Domain or had Local Profiles. If I did it was because I had the wrong username or password.

The verbiage in the Authentication portion of a remote connection states:

'Enter the Windows user name and password you use when physically sitting at the remote computer.'

Well that's just more and more wrong these days. New computers running Windows 11 and 10 are forcing setups to use a Microsoft ID and making it increasingly hard to setup a local profile. More and more computers are using Windows Hello. Biometrics, or pincodes are the only things users  ever use to get into their machines. Both of which Logmein has no method to Authenticate with.

This is becoming more and more frustrating as I need to connect to these PC's and GoTo / Logmein Support has no legitimate answer on how to connect! I am surprised there aren't more articles from frustrated Admins like myself.

After this post I have to start looking for a GoTo/Logmein Replacement because it doesn't look like they are going to do anything or that they even recognize there is a problem. It's not going to go away it's just going to get worse as Microsoft moves farther away from local profiles.

2 REPLIES 2
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: GoTo and Logmein's Failure to keep up with IT Needs - Microsoft ID Authentication

Hi @CkGottafly, welcome to the community.

The challenge with Windows PIN and Picture passwords is they are stored locally on the PC, and there is no way to relay that information over a network connection. Currently, there is no simple solution but I believe Microsoft is allowing Enterprise versions of Windows keep local accounts on Windows 11.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
CkGottafly
New Contributor

Re: GoTo and Logmein's Failure to keep up with IT Needs - Microsoft ID Authentication

The problem with your answer is that I bought and paid for Logmein to enable remote access to PC's. More and more that is not the case. The company, (GoTo) is charging me more money each year for access to what are becoming legacy PC's.

If I can’t send a deployment link to a new user and get access the machine. The Goto product is worthless! And will just become more and more worthless over time.

The company (GoTo) has the resources to contact Microsoft and work out a solution, I certainly don't.