cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjones-tcp
New Contributor

Logmein takes up 4GB of ram and lots of cpu

Hello - we have a Dell Precision workstation we support and Logmein is taking up 4GB of ram and pegging the cpu to 100% sometimes.  We've tried reinstalling Logmein and updating video drivers to no avail.  I can't find much online about this type of issue.  Anyone else run into this and have any suggestions?

Here's an event log detailing the memory usage.  

Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: LogMeIn.exe (12188) consumed 40939626496 bytes,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Robertrr
Active Contributor

Re: Logmein takes up 4GB of ram and lots of cpu

FYI, Support had be disable the LogMeIn AV Management feature, and so far I have not seen the issue for 24 hours.  Not claiming victory yet but I thought I'd pass it on.  Add the below entry in the Registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LogMeIn\V5\AVManagement]
"Disabled"=dword:00000001

Robert

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@jjones-tcp  What operating system is this currently affecting?

Can you say what the display settings are there?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
jjones-tcp
New Contributor

Windows 10 Pro.    The monitor is a Dell U3417W and resolution is 3440x1440.

thank you

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

If Dell has no driver updates available on their website, then you may want to call into Customer Support when you have access to the problem machine, in order to collect log files and compare those with Windows events.

jjones-tcp
New Contributor

Thanks AshC.   We tried the latest Dell video driver for the OEM card and are having the same issue.  Thanks for the suggestions.  We'll call in.

Robertrr
Active Contributor

Has anyone ever found a resolution for this issue?  I'm having the same issue and Support has not been able to resolve it.  I have over 100 PCs using LMI and only one is having this issue.

Thanks,

Robert

jjones-tcp
New Contributor

Robert,

We are facing this on 10 or more machines.   Dell Precision Towers, probably 3-4 years old, some Dell Latitude and potentially Dell optiplex units.   We have reinstalled Windows but the issue persists and makes the PC unusable.   We've been forced to use Splashtop as a workaround on these machines for remote access.   Logmein support has this with their tier 2 support but its slow going with LMI support.    We opened a critical support case with Microsoft for $500 and they proved its not Windows, hence the ball being back in LMI's court.   

Robertrr
Active Contributor

Wow, you're still having this issue after more than a year!  That doesn't bode well for our chances of resolving this anytime soon.

Out of ~ 150 endpoints, I'm only seeing this on a single Dell XPS PC.  This particular office has five other identical PCs that are basically configured the same, and are so far unaffected by this issue.  I did get a 3-4 day reprieve from this issue a few weeks ago after I updated the Adobe Creative Cloud application on this PC.  The CC app would not launch, and none of the Adobe apps had updated in quite a while.  I manually installed the latest CC app, then updates all the Adobe apps to the latest versions and removed the multiple old versions that were still installed.  After that, the LMI issue disappeared for several days, but then came back.  I'm wondering if you have any of the Adobe Creative Cloud apps on your PCs, or if you had uninstalled any of the Dell Support applications.  I uninstalled all of the Dell apps except for Dell Update.

Robert

jjones-tcp
New Contributor

I don't believe we did have Adobe CC on there.   We did uninstall some of the Dell stuff.   I'm going to ping my boss on this thread as he took over on this one and had opened the MS case, etc.   He may have more details for you.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Robertrr  I appreciate the update.  Were you able to send this data to the Support agent handling the case as well? 

@jjones-tcp  Please let us know how the troubleshooting goes.  

Thanks.