cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ipguy
New Contributor

command line options during installation ?

Does anyone know where I can find a complete list of cammand line options that can be used during a CLI install of LogMeIn ?

I can install, assign to the correct group but I also need to name the LogMeIn client so its not just the workstations hostname

Any pointers to the documentation would be greatly appreciated
8 REPLIES 8
ipguy
New Contributor

Re: command line options during installation ?

Thanks for your reply, however I don't think we're referring to the same application

I'm asking for command line options to install "LogMeIn" 

Some of the options I am already using are INSTALLMETHOD, FQDNDESC and LMIACCESSCODE however I don't see them mentioned in your reply at all.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@ipguy Sorry for the misunderstanding. Currently, we do not appear to have a list of commands publicly available so I am working to correct this.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Host MSI installer's properties - Please note I am still confirming that this list is current

General:

HOMESITE

Sets the domain name of the website that the host communicates with, it is stored in the registry value HKLM\Software\LogMeIn\V5\WebSvc\HomeSite also.
RAPORT Sets the port that service is using, it is stored in the following registry settings: HKLM\Software\LogMeIn\V5\Net\ListenPort, HKLM\Software\LogMeIn\V5\@CurrentPort, HKLM\Software\LogMeIn\ListenerSocket, default is 2002 for LMI, 2000 for RA.
LMIDESCRIPTION Description used to identify the computer, by default it is the computer name.
FQDNDESC If the value is 1 the computers fully qualified DNS name is used as a description, otherwise LMIDESCRIPTION parameter is used.
LMIACCESSCODE If defined and the length is greater than 8 characters it will be set as a CAC (Computer Access Code) for the host machine.
INSTALLUSER "<username> (domain: <domainname>)" of the currently logged on (installing) user.
BETA If set to 1, the installer creates the registry value of 1 in HKLM\Software\LogMeIn\V5\BetaChannel, but beta channel is not working in production, so it's not useful at the moment.
AFFILIATEID Sets the registry value of HKLM\Software\LogMeIn\V5\InstallParams\AffiliateID, that is used as a parameter in CLS communication.
INSTALLEDVERSION Reads the registry value of HKLM\Software\LogMeIn\V5\@ProductVersion to determine the already installed host's version.

Deploy info:

DEPLOYID Identifier used for the deployment, it can be injected into the msi when a deployment link is used. For testing purposes it can be used from the command line as well.
REGDEPLOYCODE Saves this deploycode to the registry item HKLM\Software\LogMeIn\V5\webSvc\DeployCode that will be used by the service later.
MAHEMAIL Email address of MAH (Master Account Holder).
ACCOUNTEMAIL The account's email address, by default it can be retrieved during deploy id verification if deploy id is present.
COMPANYNAME Company name used in the setup screen template.
DEPLOYEMAIL Email address used in the setup screen template.
DEPLOYNAME Name used in the setup screen template.

Internal config:

INSTALLDIR Target directory of the installation, value will be stored in the registry as well in HKLM\Software\LogMeIn\InstallPath.
SERVICEPATH Used internally to store the service executable's path, initialized with the registry value of HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LogMeIn\ImagePath if exists otherwise "notavail" value is set. 
If SERVICEPATH is available then a previous install is updated otherwise clean install is performed.
X86DIR Set to SERVICEPATH\x86 in case of update or INSTALLDIR\x86 in case of clean install.
X64DIR Set to SERVICEPATH\x64 in case of update or INSTALLDIR\x64 in case of clean install.
BUILD Contains the build number (digits after the last dot). 

Proxy settings:

PROXYENABLED 1 indicates that proxy server is used otherwise 0.
PROXYSERVER IP address of the proxy server if any.
PROXYPORT Port number of the proxy server if any.
PROXYUSEAUTH 1 indicates that proxy server is using authentication otherwise 0.
PROXYUSERNAME User name used in proxy server authentication if any.
PROXYPASSWORD Password used in proxy server authentication if any.
PROXYVERIFYPWD Confirmation of the password used in proxy server authentication if any.

Appearance:

SHOWCLIENT Reads client's visibility from registry
SHOWCONTROLPANEL Reads control panel's visibility from registry
FORCESHOWCLIENT Default behaviour of client's visibility can be overridden
FORCESHOWCONTROLPANEL Default behaviour of control panel's visibility can be overridden
WHITELABEL TRUE for special white label partners, they are identified with their MAH or account email address (e.g. Continuum).
HIDECOMPUTERUSERNAME 1 indicates that computer user name should be hidden during installation and a registry key (HKLM\Software\LogMeIn\V5\HideComputerUserName) is set to hide it in the application as well. For white label partners it is hidden by default.
ACCESSCODESET Set automatically if LogMeInRemoteUser exists or no password is required, in this case computer user name should be hidden.
KIOSKMODE Reads the value from HKLM\Software\LogMeIn\V5\Appearance\KioskMode and disables client and control panel if true.

ipguy
New Contributor

Thanks Glenn

However, I do not see FORCESHOWCLIENT in your list, is your list a complete list ?

Is it possible to specify a group/folder name for the client to be placed in for easy sorting and classification, we have thousands of clients so we have folders that the clients are grouped into based on location

Is it possible to specify a group/folder name during the installation ?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

I've updated my last reply with some more, but I'm waiting to get confirmation that they are still current and correct. I'll have more information on Monday.

ipguy
New Contributor

Thanks Glenn

Eagerly awaiting your reply

Can I also ask you to confirm if it's possible to pass the "folder" name to the installer via a CLI parameter ?

scurry
Visitor

Would one of these, or perhaps a different command stop the install from querying an internal CA even though it is using its own? 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @scurry, welcome to the community.

Can you provide some more details around the issue you are trying to solve?