cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RayGarza
Active Contributor

Fast Forward & Rewind

Good afternoon. I was told recently that Go To was working on a fix for this. Do you have any update on this fix? 

8 REPLIES 8
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Fast Forward & Rewind

Hi @RayGarza, welcome to the community.

Can you be more specific? 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
RayGarza
Active Contributor

Yes sir. Sorry about that. When I play the recording back for transcribing purposes the fast forward and rewind do not work. In Sep 2022 you were aware of this and there was no plan to fix it. This is causing me issues with my recorded meetings. I may have to cancel my subscription if I can't have this feature very soon. r.g.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Okay, thank you. So are you transcribing local recordings saved to your computer? I will have to check with the team to see if there is any news about this and get back to you. Our cloud recording feature automatically transcribes meetings for you

RayGarza
Active Contributor

Yes sir. Recording and transcribing. This feature was permitted under the old application. My company used to use Go To and moved away from the platform and went with AT&T Office at Hand. You addressed this in Sep 2022 and at that time said the company had no plans to bring this feature back. I really need this feature, but I understand if you are not going to bring it back. I just need to know one way or another. If I can't access this feature I will have to go back to AT&T, which I really don't want to do. I love Go To much better. I look forward to hearing back from you. 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Is there a specific reason why you do not use our cloud recording feature that does the transcription for you? 

RayGarza
Active Contributor

Good morning, Glenn. The reason we don't use your automated transcriber is because we will literally get word for word. For instance, if a 30-minute meeting had 500 words spoken, my transcriber condenses it down to about 200 words to keep it to "just the facts...so to speak" vs all the debating back and forth. We leave a lot of the "fluff" out of our transcription. The old Go To had this feature so I am unclear on why you would remove the feature. Perhaps you felt that it was redundant?? I am ok if Go To will not fix this feature, I just can't use it for my purposes without this feature. So kindly let me know if you can fix or not so I can move back to AT&T if it is too costly for Go To , and if so I completely understand.  AT&T does offer this feature.   

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you for the explanation. With the introduction of the GoTo App we changed the format of local recordings, it uses more recent code and the webm file it produces can be played back directly in Chrome, MS Edge, and Firefox directly without needing to be converted first. We have done some testing and confirmed the issue you described when using VLC Player and we will look into this, but for now if you playback the recording in Chrome, MS Edge, or Firefox you should be able to FF and RW without issue.  

RayGarza
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn. Sadly, this is not the case. We have tried all engines....it doesn't work.