cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
capsyatina
Active Contributor

How to uninstall GoTo Opener App

Good afternoon everybody! I need to uninstall GoTo Opener v. 1.0.491, 1.0.539 and 1.0.533 from my PC's. But when deleting, an error appears. As I understand it, the deletion process refers to a non-existent file locate in

C:\Users\PaulAsus\AppData\Local\Temp\5800C602-C64A-4B23-BCFD-507540F123F1\

C:\Users\PaulNB\AppData\Local\Temp\D8637C59-29BB-4E8D-9C2D-A8C5F35602D8\

C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Temp\3985A848-96E9-4851-BB29-365CCEFECC73\
. Most likely, the program installed itself with GoToMeeting App previously, but now all traces are lost. Windows defines the application ID's as {E69269DB-A77B-4BC1-8F39-241107B09F26} / {C0F33C38-345C-4C02-B161-11389350C2A5} / {C0F33C38-345C-4C02-B161-11389350C2A5} Please tell me how to remove this application

7 REPLIES 7
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: How to uninstall GoTo Opener App

Hi @capsyatina, welcome to the community.

Joining this test meeting should update the GoTo Opener and reinstall any missing files, then you can uninstall it through Add/Remove Programs in Windows. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
capsyatina
Active Contributor

Unfortunately this didn't help. The new GOTO application has been installed. But the old one was not deleted or updated. When you remove GOTO, the old one remains in place. And when I delete it, the same error appears with lost file in TEMP directory
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you for trying that. I am checking with our developers for the steps to manually remove the files.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@capsyatina One of our developers pointed out that the opener is installed under three different user accounts, PaulAsus, PaulNB and Paul (which I should have noticed myself). You will need to sign into each user account and uninstall the opener normally from each one.

capsyatina
Active Contributor

Thank you, but these are not three different accounts on one PC. These are my three different PCs with a single account from which I am trying to remove the application. Devices have different versions of the program installed. Previously, at work, I received many links with invitations to participate in conferences. I participated in them on my different devices.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Okay, sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm going to recommend using a tool that I have been using for quite a while on Windows, there is a free version and it can also be run as a 'portable' application from a flash drive without installing: Revo Uninstaller It works with the normal Windows uninstall process but also finds all the files associated with the application you are uninstalling and helps you remove them. 

capsyatina
Active Contributor

Thanks, I'll try it soon