cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srikanthpragada
New Contributor

Local recording doesn't include screen sharing content.

My local recording sometimes is not recording screen that is being shared during meeting.  At the end of the recording I see a very small  file  and with no video. 

It is very dissapointing to find the whole recording not containig what I recorded. 

How do I overcome this issue.

Sometimes everything is fine.  I had to record certain things multiple times due to this problem. 

Please let me know what is the way to ensure everything is recorded.  

I read, webcam is not recorded. 

But I am talking about screen sharing. 

6 REPLIES 6
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Local recording doesn't include screen sharing content.

Hi @srikanthpragada welcome to the GoTo Community. 

Can you let me know a bit more about what's happening? Are you using the new app or the classic experience? Are you on a Windows or Mac and what OS? Was this a one-time occurrence or does this always happen? Thanks! 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
srikanthpragada
New Contributor

I am using  GoTo 4.6 Desktop version on Windows 10.

At times I face this issue of shared content not included in the recording. Yesterday I tried 3 times and 3rd time it came out correctly. Of course all times I was sharing screen but only 3rd time it was included in the recording. 

I faced the same issue a few times before.  First time it was not included and second time it included shared content. 

Hope you understand it is a very annoying issue as I had to record the same things multiple times wasting a lot of time. 

GoToMathias
GoTo Contributor

Hi srikanthpragada,

Sorry to hear about these issues. From what I understand, this shouldn't happen and screensharing should just be included in the recording. Sounds like a 🐛 to me.
Just a few weeks ago, we actually reworked large parts of the local recording functionality to address issues like this. Your version should include these changes already. Given our log data, the number of issues with local recording reduced significantly after these changes but looks like we couldn't identify all issues 😐

We observed issues with local recording in high load scenarios in the past. You can try closing apps that you don't need or enabling Efficiency Mode in the GoTo App. Maybe this reduces the frequency of the issue.

If that doesn't help, could you share additional data with me in a private message (meeting ID, time of the meeting, system specs/hardware used, features used in the App like blurring, webcam etc., did you run other resource intense things during the session)? This might help understanding your problem.

Thank you in advance!

srikanthpragada
New Contributor

Hi,

If it is because of load on the system then it should not work at all, given the same amount of load on the system.

All three times I tried, I had the same apps running so It was just not the load on the system, I guess. 

I didn't try Efficiency Mode. 

I have used gotomeeting a lot to record in the past on the same system and never had this issue before. It is a recent unfortunate development.

Hope you find the cause for this issue and fix it. 

Just to add more info, the system I am using doesn't have any camera also.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@srikanthpragada another question, does the issue persist if you use cloud recording? Thanks. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
GoToMathias
GoTo Contributor

Hi srikanthpragada,

Is it possible to share meeting details (meeting ID and time) with me or @KateG  in a private message of a session that was experiencing the issue? We will need this to search the logs and in order to debug your specific case.

Thank you!