cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Drawing Tools

Hi @kreesbso and @alyshamorlan, welcome to the community.

The drawing tools in the GoTo App are a little different from Classic GoToMeeting, instead of attendees drawing directly on the Presenter's screen we now offer Miro Whiteboard for collaborative sessions. Presenter's will see Miro as an option in the Screen Share menu, once it is launched they can add images etc to the whiteboard and attendees will be able to draw and interact. The Presenter is not required to have a Miro account and the board that is created in that meeting will be available for 24 hours.  If you want to save your board for longer you have the option to sign up for a free Miro account.

GlennD_0-1691704875710.png

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
TWOSK
Active Contributor

Re: Drawing Tools

Hi, @GlennD  I am very unhappy with the new app. So instead of allowing attendees to draw directly on my screen, now I need make screenshots? If I move the view, I need to make a screenshot again? It feels like you made it more difficult and with more extra steps. Same applies to some other tools that I need to click twice, previously it was one click.

LeNo_MHP

Missing laser pointer, highlighter and pointer

We have version 4.1.0 and miss the laser pointer, the high conductor and the pointer. The drawing tools are present, but without the three previously mentioned functions. That means we can draw and also set the colors and thickness, but unfortunately not the rest.

Does anyone have an idea?

On the website these functions are presented as available.

https://www.goto.com/de/meeting/features 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Missing laser pointer, highlighter and pointer

Hi @LeNo_MHP welcome to the GoTo Community. 

To ensure you're always in the loop and up-to-date with the latest progress, I've moved your post to this dedicated thread. Here, we'll post updates and news about the upcoming changes. Your voices have been heard, and we're committed to delivering an even more robust and user-friendly drawing toolset later this year. Please stay tuned. 

In the meantime, I suggest trying the 'fade out' feature. It's a nifty way to highlight specific areas and direct attention, adding an extra touch of finesse to your creations.

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
GoToMathias
GoTo Contributor

Re: Missing laser pointer, highlighter and pointer

Hi,

the attendee drawing tools are being discussed as we speak (attendee highlighter on the presenter screen, allowing [multiple] attendees to draw, etc.). Given the current discussions, there is a good chance that these will come in one of the next iterations of the app 🤞 Please stay tuned. Hopefully, @GlennD suggestions can help you in the meantime.