Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Ultra Low Usage User

0 Kudos

Ultra Low Usage User

I would love if GoTo would bring back the Ultra Low Usage line item for $6.95 as an option for overhead paging adaptors/loud ringer devices.

If it isn't allowed for desk phones anymore fine but there should still be that option for those kinds of devices IMO.

Thank you,

Michael Adams

5 Comments
M_Adams
Active Contributor

Would GoTo ever consider removing the 50 minutes per month for low usage user and making it unlimited minutes? Or create a separate line item for “Low User unlimited” for $12.95 for something like that. It is a little cumbersome to explain to customers and users and even though it is super cheap per minute some potential customers don’t like the idea of an overage charge.

It would simplify things to not have to explain pooled minutes and how it works.

Also, this low usage user would be able to have different extension line keys programmed on it.

Sometimes companies want a general mail box that multiple people have access too but I cant program it as a shared mailbox because they also have their own personal mailbox's as well.

What I will do is create a virtual ext just for the mailbox and then I have to program the line key on their phone in order for the VM light notification so they can see there is a new message.

Right now, I think GoTo limits the number of line key extensions for low usage users to 1.

Just an idea.

Thank you,

Michael Adams

M_Adams
Active Contributor

Partners should be able to add a low usage user when adding users. Right now I need to create an add on order, Wait for round robin hell to assign it to someone, wait for the GoTo employee to get me over the quote. Then I need to send to the customer to sign. If the partner is providing the equipment and selling out of their inventory then I need to call the partner support line, verify myself, have the GoTo employee find the signed contract for the 1 low usage user and assign it to the user. 

I am unsure if GoTo is providing the equipment for an add on order if we are able to assign a low usage user at the time of of signing the add on order if it still requires someone to call in. I believe it still requires a call in.

I can not sure out what GoTo is gaining by making it super inconvenient to add a low usage user to an account. The user either needs access to a mobile app, desktop app, and unlimited minutes or it doesn't.

It is very frustrating.

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

Brad_H
Active Contributor

You can avoid adding a user for paging if you use multicast paging.  Just put a Viking or other paging adapter (Algo for example) that is capable of receiving multicast and connect that adapter to the input of your paging amp.  Viking makes a unit that's all in one.  It's not officially supported by GoTo but it does work and is very simple to set up.

Having something for a loud ringer is a more difficult but some of the Algo units also use multicast for ringing.  It's less than ideal.  You can get one low usage user and set it up with an ATA and the ATA to a Viking unit that will trigger ringing over your paging.  That works very well but it's an extra expense for the customer because of the low usage user like you've mentioned.

M_Adams
Active Contributor

Thanks Brad!