Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Time stamp and phone number on {replay only; #5] audio message

0 Kudos

Time stamp and phone number on {replay only; #5] audio message

I have a shared workspace. I would like to know who the saved messages on my phones messaging system are from (audio messages). Currently it does me no good to have phone ID on the telephone and by email  if I cannot match the unanswered (empty voice mail messages)  to the phone display messages/email messages.

For example: I come on shift, my co-worker says, "Hey, I didn't get back to some people today would you mind checking  messages on our phone."   It is important to me that I don't let a single client get away, so I listen to my co-workers messages. If there is a recording I can match the transcript to the voice message. If there is no recording I am calling every person that called and didn't leave a message for the previous eight hours (my co-workers shift).  Since they work days and I work nights, at best, I am disturbing people who have already gotten the information that they need in the evenings, at worst I leave a message sounding like I am incompetent.  "Hi, my name is Kevin you may or may not have reached out to us in the past 8 hours."

This would also help when the person leaving the message is unintelligible. Maybe they left a message for my coworker but my co-worker has since deleted the email transcript. All I have to go by then is the audio message and the phone number is unrecognizable.

It would be awesome to only have the time stamp on replay (#5) so that it doesn't slow me down listening to messages at other times.

1 Comment
KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator