Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Allow User Groups to be assign permission to device groups

Allow User Groups to be assign permission to device groups

Hi All,

I have a suggestion that I think would help streamline the provisioning and user management processing in GoToAssist/GoToResolve, allowing user group to be assigned permissions to a device group.

The primary efficiency here would be that you can assign a single user group to multiple device group and thus lower the amount of user configuration needed to a single assignment.

For more advanced enterprises this change will also allow automatic provisioning, which can already add users to a user group on creation, to provision access to device groups with zero administrative interaction. In organizations that have role based access control implemented this could result in a true zero touch identity architecture for GoToResolve.

Suggestion Example:
User Group 1 has access to Device Groups A, B, and C
User Group 2 has access to Device Groups A, B

1 Comment
Morphears
Active Contributor

I think this is an excellent idea and one we were going to suggest ourselves, hope they do implement this, we have 38 agents and adding them to each group one at a time is very tedious.....the only short cut we have found is to make them all admins then they can see all groups....but that is not ideal!