cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boyd B.
Contributor

Threat Found showing in Antivirus protection panel in GoTo Resolve

I have a computer showing Threat Found under Antivirus Health. This particular Windows 10 Computer is correctly recognized by GoTo Resolve as using Windows Defender. However, the computer is not showing any threats found, and the information provided by GoTo Resolve is inadequate to determine if there is a real threat or not. When I open the relevant Last Scan Report, it shows a scan result of "1 threats found. Immediate action required."  Two questions come to mind: What is the Threat? and Why is Defender not reporting it on the computer?

2 REPLIES 2
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Threat Found showing in Antivirus protection panel in GoTo Resolve

Hi @Boyd B. 

I'm still digging into this so a better answer should be coming, but my understanding is this is the result of a miscommunication between Resolve and Windows Defender (in this case). Resolve is showing a notification for something that Windows Defender does not see as a threat, which is why Windows Defender is not displaying it. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Boyd B.
Contributor

Re: Threat Found showing in Antivirus protection panel in GoTo Resolve

Is the lack of detail in the Threat Found notification and Last Scan Report scan result by design? As it stands this feature is not very useful.