cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeatherLisaMane
New Contributor

Anyone else on Windows 10 unable to install today's update?

Unable to install today's update on Windows 10.  All other machines in my house work just fine.  I have administrative rights to my machine but I get Unable to run the application (26 more lines of code) Access is denied.
8 REPLIES 8
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Anyone else on Windows 10 unable to install today's update?

Hi Heather,
Sorry about that!

I have a Windows 10 device, and was updated successfully-- so there should be no compatibility issues there.
Access denied often means there's a local security block / firewall in action.

Have you already tried a full uninstall, then hosting a new Remote Support session from the website?

Ask Itee
New Contributor

HI Heather.  I am on the latest Win 10, and GTA running on a Dell Latitude E6540, and all seems ok so far... emphasis on so far
Enrique Ochoa
New Contributor

I started the GTA program this morning and the GTA update processed completely as expected. I am currently using Windows 10 pro and I am also part of the Windows Insider program. It is scary to use Windows test environments live but it seems to be OK so far. No hangup regarding GTA.
HeatherLisaMane
New Contributor

Thanks Ash for the quick response and idea.  I tried a full uninstall, reinstall - same error.  I had turned off Firewall and Network Protection as well as Virus and Threat Protections in defender earlier to do some other installs - so tried turning back on - same issues.   Not sure what to try next
Enrique Ochoa
New Contributor

After this mornings trouble with installation of GTA unattended support to a guest Mac mini, this is what comes to mind. My issue was resolved by removing any remnants of the initial installation that failed. In your case it would be to search Program files folder, and Program Data folders in root. Please be careful and be sure you know what you are removing/deleting. This is a common but dangerous task to do on your system. This also includes the associated temp files as detailed in your error log. Reboot then try to install it again.
Enrique Ochoa
New Contributor

After this mornings trouble with installation of GTA unattended support to a guest Mac mini, this is what comes to mind. My issue was resolved by removing any remnants of the initial installation that failed. In your case it would be to search Program files folder, and Program Data folders in root. Please be careful and be sure you know what you are removing/deleting. This is a common but dangerous task to do on your system. This also includes the associated temp files as detailed in your error log. Reboot then try to install it again.
HeatherLisaMane
New Contributor

So I uninstinalled GoToOpener, GoToMeeting, GoToAssist.  Went to a test session for GoToMeeting - GoToMeeting "installs" but no longer on my start menu.  I cannot go to an old link as GoToOpener did not also install.  So went to https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/how-to/how-to-manually-download-and-install-the-gotoopene... to manually install GoToOpener.  Went to GoToAssist to open a new session - back to my original error.
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Considering the 'Access Denied' message in the error window, it's likely a local block or user account limitation.  The new GoTo Opener's Registry paths are now\Software\LogMeInInc\GoTo Opener.  Previously,they were \Software\Citrix\LauncherApp.  See if you can allow updates to proceed there?