cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim Osdale
New Contributor

Blank screen windows 10

GoToAssist software has the ability to "blank the customer" screen so essentially you can turn off the monitors display so your customer cannot see what you are doing. This works fine if the customer is running Windows 7, but it's not available in Windows 10? When will this "blank screen" feature be available for customers running Windows 10 operating systems?

30 REPLIES 30
Robert Russell1
New Contributor

Re: Blank screen windows 10

Would also like to know this, and the disable remote input, and maybe putting up a custom logo in place of the blank screen. Most of the goodies discussed in https://community.gotoassist.com/gotoassist/topics/blank_unattended_support_computer_screen_while_in...
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

I do not have any news about this feature currently, but I've reached out to the team to find out where it is on the road map. 
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Robert Russell1
New Contributor

Thanks, Glenn!
David Jones11
Active Contributor

We need this feature restored in Windows 10. It is imperative for our business.
Billy Gardner
New Contributor

Hello, Is there a time frame for when this feature will work for Windows 10 Computers?

Thanks!
Fabio Quintal
New Contributor

I agree, the ability to work on Windows 10 is very much needed.
Greg21
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Remote Support Blank Out Customer Screen.

We have confidential information that is data entered into a Windows 10 computer remotely. When we attempt to blank the screen Remote Support says that it is not available with Windows 10. We need to blank the customer screen on our terminals when we enter the licensing information. In this day and age with security concerns I am surprised that this is not supported. When will this feature be available? We really need this working.
Robert Russell1
New Contributor

So, a year later... do we have a point on the map yet?

Meantime, we went with TeamViewer - and its own melange of problems...
Ron41
New Contributor

We have a similar issue to Greg. Please advise when this feature will be re-instated. Or we as another client will have to switch to TeamViewer.