cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark Bolton
New Contributor

Re: Blank screen windows 10

FWIW:  We, too, are now looking for an alternative solution to GTA due to losing this feature.  More and more of the connections we are making are obviously to Win10 clients and we simply need the feature.  The why's and the what's of us using it are irrelevant in this thread - the feature was put in place originally for a reason, there simply is no point in debating it.  As paying users of this product, however, LogMeIn's lack of clear direction and communication is extremely disappointing.  

LogMeIn - Please simply give us an official response on this so we can make an informed decision as to whether or not this product will continue to work for our needs going forward.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Mark,

I do not have any news about this specific feature currently, as all efforts have been dedicated to moving GoToAssist Remote Support off of Citrix systems. Once every customer is successfully moved to v4.0 build 1537 (released today to Frequent Updaters), we will be able to evaluate the outstanding backlog issues and requests. I will provide an update as soon as I am able to.

Considering LogMeIn Rescue has this ability, I personally cannot imagine that the team would be opposed to it in GoToAssist Remote Support.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
dribble12
Active Contributor

Well this is a sad state of affairs, when existing customers are treated worse than new ones, especially when you've known about serious this flaw for a year and a half. 

Belfiore
New Contributor

I would rather stay with Windows 7 but as we are replacing older computers we are being forced to downgrade to windows 10.  it is essentual that we have the ability to blank screen.  if there is a security issue then have an additional layer of authentication so that only an authorized user can activate the blank screen.  my annual subscription is up in 2 months and without this option we will need to look at other VPN options before renewing.

David Jones11
Active Contributor

We really need this feature restored. We work in secure environments that require our remote tasks to be hidden from our client machines. I'm surprised this has taken so long to get reinstated.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@David Jones11  Now that we've officially rolled out RescueAssist, we may be working on screen blanking solutions in this new environment.  I know it's a priority for many Remote Support users for security reasons, and we are actively exploring ways to implement this feature.

dribble12
Active Contributor

Screen blanking appears to be working for me now, at least from one Windows 10 machine to another.

Fred Marshall
Contributor

After over 3 years, it seems like there is no intention to address this issue.  Is that correct?  

It seems like a policy statement would be in order.  I don't see any response like that.

"Never gonna happen" is the answer by default.  Is that how it should be interpreted?

Yet, the menu option remains.....

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Fred,

Screen Blanking as a generally available feature across different operating systems is still on the list of feature requests, it is just not as high a priority as other work. It is only available to use when connecting to a Windows 7 PC as the team that implemented it back then used a feature that is only available in Windows 7. Since there are still a lot of PCs out there running Windows 7 it has not been removed from Remote Support.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
dribble12
Active Contributor

Fred, I'm surprised it's not working for you. Our Windows 10 machines have been blanking for a long time now. Which version of Win10 are you using? It has worked since the 1809 update (and maybe before, but I didn't notice).