I installed GTA Expert on a fresh Windows 7 install and I cannot log into the software. I get the login screen where it asks for the username, which I type in. Clicking "next" doesn't do anything. It just sits there at the login. I have network connections and I was able to use the software a few days ago on the exact same machine before I had to reinstall Windows.
I've downloaded the installer fresh from the website. The program sits in the system tray, not indivating any problems.
I can login to the web interface on Chrome and see all the remote amchines, but I can't launch the opener.
What am I doing wrong? GTA used to run on anything and everything with none of this trouble.
Solved! Go to Solution.
For a fresh install of Windows 7 you need to install Service Pack 3 before you will be able to run GoToAssist. This is because we no longer support legacy versions of TLS. This is also why Windows XP will not work with GoToAssist.
The install was about 6 years old, moved over from another SSD a couple years ago and has gone through a couple video card swaps. I was having problems with a current video card driver conflicting with an old driver that had some leftover bits in the system that I couldn't find. It was at the point that it was just easier to reinstall, which solved the video card problem.
I am experiencing the same issue, but in my case I did not reinstall the OS. I run g2ax from a dedicated VM that is returned to its original snapshot after every use, unless I apparently am required to update the g2ax version and I create a new snapshot before doing any online stuff. The last time this was done was on July 3 and was related to an attempt to fix the saved credentials on the 1610 build.
As I found out yesterday, with a customer waiting, which annoyes the hell out of me, I am no longer able to log in with that very same build and it seems to me this must be related to the updated login service v1.23.0 from October 10. An interesting fact here is that the logo in the top of the login screen is missing and this seems to indicate some bad html/css/js coding in that page or at least ask for internet explorer features that were not in the previous version. The only version I can still login with is the 1544 build but this instantly upgrades me to the 1673 build that asks me to enter my credentials again on the crippled login page.
An interesting fact here is that the logo in the top of the login screen is missing and this seems to indicate some bad html/css/js coding in that page or at least ask for internet explorer features that were not in the previous version.
Oh, I have that same "missing logo" at the top of the login page. I guess I was more concerned about not being able to login that I didn't think to mention it. It has the "Red X" broken image displayed,
Exactly. And there is more, because apart from breaking my original installation I can in fact not start g2ax installer from the website on a clean Windows 7 machine. There is some mumbling about a certificate and next the opener that is supposed to fetch the actual installer fails to start due to some kind of corruption.
I've been online with support and they hinted that I could use go2rescue as well. That didn't work out particularly well also. First time I connected with the customer I received his screen condensed to about the size of a 5" phone screen. After he changed his screen settings and I reconnected, I got a workable view (still only part of my screen) and he could see me move the mouse. I could however not click any object, nor input any commands using the keyboard. I ended up using an unlicensed product from a different vendor that required me to reconnect every 5 minutes or so.
@q-ry @relianceadmin I apologize in the delay here. We are currently investigating reports of this behavior in isolated windows environments. If you could please give our Support group a call at your convenience, we can continue documenting the affected environments for our engineering team to dig into.
I had the same issue with a Win7 VM, I updated windows to the latest patch/security update and rebooted the VM and I am now able to use G2A Expert with no issue.