cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lancorp
New Contributor

Cloned computers show up as one device in unattended support

Having learned better now, we are stuck with a few new computers that were cloned from the same image and soon discovered that the GoToAssist Unattended only lists one computer in my console. 

I had found a post here from last year with someone who did the same thing and had the same problem, and they were directed to a KB article that documented how to clean it up.  But, that link no longer works.

Another post mentioned a registry key that had a UUID that needed to be deleted, but I checked all the systems and that key does not exist.

I have uninstalled the unattended software and reinstalled but the issue persists.  I'm guessing that now GTA either uses the computer SID (which is identical on these systems...I know...I know...) now or uses it's own UUID that is stored somewhere else.  

Is there a way to get each of these systems recognized by the unattended software so they each show up in my console?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Cloned computers show up as one device in unattended support

@lancorp  Try this cleanup tool after you've already uninstalled the Unattended setup from one of the imaged PCs. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@lancorp  Try this cleanup tool after you've already uninstalled the Unattended setup from one of the imaged PCs. 

lancorp
New Contributor

That reg file was just what I needed!  It seems to have worked and has allowed the unattended to show correctly in my console! 

Thank you very much for your help!

JoshKa

Installation on one system removes another system from the client list

We have a unique issue that were not sure how to tackle it.

If we install the GoToAssist client software on PC01, it shows up in our unattended access list. If we install it on PC02, PC02 shows up in our unattended access list, but PC01 gets removed. It is still on PC01 though. If we uninstall then reinstall the client software on PC01, it installs fine and shows up in our access list, but PC02 disappears.

Were not sure why this could be happening, this is the first time this has happened that we've noticed. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this, and how to fix it?

PC02 was cloned from PC01 if this matters. We've cloned machines before and never had this problem though.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Installation on one system removes another system from the client list

@JoshKa  Here is a full explanation of why clones are confusing:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotoassist-remote-support/help/installing-unattended-support-replaces...

Let me know if the fix on this thread fails.