cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BBURZYCKI1
Active Contributor

Display issues on some machined when remoting in - Ongoing intermittent issue

Display issues on some machined when remoting in - Ongoing intermittent issue

I have this occurring on 2 different machines where the screen does not seem to line up with mouse clicks or shows multiple screen images. Here is a photo of one way one of the machines looks. At other times the screen will display normally but you cannot click on items, mainly menus and application UI will not display properly.

Shown here in the Windows Update screen

2022-12-03_090630.jpg

2022-12-03_090630.jpg

Shown here in a screen showing outlook 365

2022-12-03_103608.jpg

Many things become unclickable or just are not refreshed in the remote UI or possibly not showing up in the local

7 REPLIES 7
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Display issues on some machined when remoting in - Ongoing intermittent issue

Hi @BBURZYCKI1,

You are using GoToAssist Remote Support v4 still, is that correct? Do the affected computers have anything in common like being on the same network, running the same operating system?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
BBURZYCKI1
Active Contributor

Re: Display issues on some machined when remoting in - Ongoing intermittent issue

Still on 4 but it does not seem to show the exact version anywhere to be found. Is there a place to look, it does not seem to be under preferences.

The machines I am seeing the issues with are both running Win 11

They are not on the same network - one is on an office network the other was a totally remote laptop at an employees home.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you. If you are using a PC and right-click the GoToAssist icon in your system tray > About it should show Version 4.8 Build 1702 or similar if you are using v4. I have done some initial tests with a virtualized Windows 11 computer and did not see any graphical/visual issues with the screen sharing as you have documented. I'll continue to run some tests and check with the rest of Support to see if anyone else has reported issues with Windows 11 clients. 

I'm not sure if you have tried GoToAssist Remote Support v5 already, but you can switch back and forth between v4 and v5 pretty easily if you would like to test v5 and see if it has the same issue or not.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
BBURZYCKI1
Active Contributor

I do not see the option for about when right clicking the icon in Win11 - Tried from both the taskbar where it is pinned and from the start menu.

I will give v5 a try also - Is there a V5 desktop standalone version?

mlavigne

Any resolution for this issue? I'm seeing it on a couple machines using both V4 and V5.

bburzycki
New Contributor

I have sort of given up as I am not sure at this point if it is the client or simply the setups on the other end. I have seen screens revert to default settings when you look at it remotely but when you look at it in person it is displaying correctly. 

I have also noticed that laptops that are in a dock to larger monitors can display strangly at times and at other times they seem fine. 

mlavigne

Okay, thanks for the response.