cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mohamed Hasim
New Contributor

Go-to assist not connecting.

I have several clients that I am no longer able to connect to when starting a session. On their side, they get the prompt to enter their name and support key, which they do, then the program tells them their session will begin shortly but it never does. Sometimes they can reboot their computers and it may work but rarely. What is the best fix for this as it seems to be getting worse. Customers I was able to connect with last week, for example, are not working this week. A colleague who also uses GoToAssist confirmed he is experiencing the same issues I am.

It's not completely working on many of the windows 10 and windows 7

On Windows 8 some times it's get a problem
5 REPLIES 5
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Go-to assist not connecting.

Hi Mohamed,
Sorry for the troubles there.
It sounds like the GoTo launcher may be blocked or having difficulty.  Have you also tested the same client join flow with alternate web browsers?

cnmas
New Contributor

No fix for this and it's over a year old???? I have the same problem!!!

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @cnmas ,

Sorry for any troubles there.

This thread was unresolved, with not much data to say your problem is the same.  Could you elaborate on the environment of the problem client, and any security installed or error messages?

cnmas
New Contributor

User has windows 7, I have windows 10. I was able to connect to her for a while. After a few reboots and testing I needed to connect to her again but no matter which browser she used it would say that the session will start shortly after running the installer. I ended up using join.me and looked for myself and I even saved the downloader and ran it manually as administrator but still did the same thing. I'm not sure what else to add.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@cnmas  Could you set up Unattended Support on the PC through Join.Me?

Is there any malware or firewall activity causing the issue?

Tried creating a new user account to connect through, then switching back?