cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen Hunt
Active Contributor

Gotoassist immediately ends session

On a couple of PC's I try to connect with, the "customer has left this session" happens immediately after GotoAssist connects. Anyone have an idea why this occurs?
18 REPLIES 18
JVH
Active Contributor

Re: Gotoassist immediately ends session

we encounter this same issue on some of our PC's as well.
troglotech
Active Contributor

Have you talked to the client? They  may be declining your invitation.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

Can you provide some more information about the Client's computers, are these Attended sessions you are trying to start with the Client? Could you Client's be confused and declining the session as Felton suggests? Security software could also be a cause. 
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Stephen Hunt
Active Contributor

Well, I tried to make sure they were not declining. And this has only happened with a couple of my clients which is odd. These sessions I initiate from my end, and give them instruction via phone each step of the way. They are Windows 7 home, 64 bit pcs. However, the one thing I do recall is they were using google chrome to connect.....
JVH
Active Contributor

definitely not an issue of user declining.   I'm actually trying to remotely connect to my computer in my office when I am on the road. 
Stephen Hunt
Active Contributor

Hmmmm. JVH has unattended support set up. I am wondering, in my case, if the client had unattended set up by a prior tech at sometime. If they did, and then I come in after, could unattended setup prevent me from doing an attended session?
Stephen Hunt
Active Contributor

Ok. Had to go to clients house because of the gotoassist issue. No gotoassist installed, but when I went to correct other issue, including installing a small program, I got a "Windows installer" not functioning message" ... Does go to assist use Windows installer or does it have its own installer?
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

When we install our software we use the Windows Installer in the process. Our new standalone version may be a good way around this issue if it happens with another remote Client in the future. It does not install, so you could get them into session and then troubleshoot.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Stephen Hunt
Active Contributor

If I am trying to connect, is there a link to tell them to go to for the stand alone version?