cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john81

Group policy is blocking the installer from running in app data ( due to security) Help!

We cant run go to assist since yesterday, no changes our side, could it be that the installer location has changed to users/appdata ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
516-Andrew
New Contributor

Re: Group policy is blocking the installer from running in app data ( due to security) Help!

I don't know if I'm allowed to put links in here, but the solution at this one was the answer that worked, must give credit where creit is due. Thank you, Kevin Arrows! Author! #2 worked. (And thanks to my IT guy for finding this article.)

https://appuals.com/this-program-is-blocked-by-group-policy/

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Group policy is blocking the installer from running in app data ( due to security) Help!

Hi John,

We haven't changed the install location, can you provide some more detail about how you are installing and what is happening exactly?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
John A1

I am seeing the same thing.  used to work OK now users cannot launch the app
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi John,
Can you provide some more detail about how you are installing and what is happening exactly?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
John A1

most of my customers have GPO in place to block items running from the users Appdata folder and other user folders, look up cryptoblocker prevention. goto assist has worked in the past but not any more.  I send the user a link via email and they click on it and now they get a popup stating that this was blocked by a group policy.  also tried going to the fastsupport web site.  same issue.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

While I'm not aware of any change in Remote Support installation policy (we installed to the Appdata folder prior to the merger), we have adjusted some of the install paths and folders for the Unattended due to legal requirements.  The new path for the GoToOpener is '\Software\LogMeInInc\GoTo Opener'.

Alternatively, you might try the MSI instead, if a selected user base does not have the correct permissions:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotoassist-remote-support/help/what-is-the-multi-user-launcher-opener...

John A1

it not the unattended install have not tried that..  just sent them a link.  they click on the link and the app is blocked.  after looking at more posts other are having the same issue.

my only work around is to use another a different application.

please fix this 

Derrick Pullen1

We have the same issue in our organization. Same goes with gotomeeting and gotowebinar. Please fix!
Derrick Pullen1

Here is the error: 

GoTo Opener encountered an error:

Installer launch error 2001, Method "createprocess" returned Win32 error [1260]. This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator.

Error occurred at , endpointtools.cpp:134

Failed to start GoToAssist.

Please restart the download or contact Global Customer Support at

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Derrick,
Were you able to grant access to the path '\Software\LogMeInInc\GoTo Opener' ?

When the launcher downloads an installer for GoToAssist it first creates the executable as an empty file, then populates it with the data afterwards. Some firewall/proxies will block this request and substitute a common error message instead, but this is not delivered to the end user and instead into the .exe that was created. This causes the .exe to fail with the error when run by the Launcher.

See if you can also whitelist the following URL *.getgocdn.com in the firewall or proxy.