cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marc Köller
New Contributor

Hi, are the Servers located in an european country and if so, which country is this?

8 REPLIES 8
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Hi, are the Servers located in an european country and if so, which country is this?

Hi Marc,

We operate servers around the world and cannot always predict which ones each support session connects to, as they are assigned based on current traffic and space availability.  For more details about which IPs we connect to in full, please see this firewall document:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotoassist-remote-support/help/whitelisting-and-firewall-configuratio... 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Marc Köller
New Contributor

Re: Hi, are the Servers located in an european country and if so, which country is this?

Ok, i see. But do that mean, that our session-records also located on different servers around the world?  Or are they stored on an specific server? And if so, is this server for german customers located in the EU or somewhere else?
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Marc, while I am looking into this question for you, do you have a specific concern? Have you reviewed our Privacy Policy?

Marc Köller
New Contributor

Hi Glenn,

yes i read yout Privacy Police, but didn't find this Information.
Our concern is Sparkasse Hanau. We use gotoassist at least since 2013, i think.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Thanks Marc, I have checked with our team and we store customer account info, session records, any account related data only in the US. During an actual GoToAssist session the data exchange will happen via which ever of our data centers you are closest to. This is done for improved performance.

waszpawel
New Contributor

Hi, how the situation with servers looks right now? Is the GoToMeeting data for clients in Germany stored only in EU-countries? 

Ja4
New Contributor

I'm also interested in this question. How is the situation now that the European Court of Justice invalidated the EU-US Privacy Shield on international personal data transfers?

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@Ja4  Our current company position is summed up as "although this decision has invalidated the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, it was just one of several mechanisms LogMeIn relied on to ensure the responsible transfer of our customers’ personal data. It’s important to note that other data transfer mechanisms already in use by LogMeIn, including the Standard Contractual Clauses or “SCCs” (part of our global Data Processing Addendum or “DPA”) remain a valid means of transfer."

For more details please see this recent LMI blog post:  https://blog.logmeininc.com/special-note-on-privacy-shield/