cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris511
New Contributor

How do I add a device to a new device group?

I have added a new device group however that group does not show up under 'Unattended Installer' or 'Set Up Unattended Support' when connected in an attended remote support session.  I have tried refreshing the browser and closing the browser and logging in again.  It has been several minutes.  Should the device group show up instantly?

Thank you,

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: How do I add a device to a new device group?

Hi Chris,
As far as I've seen, device groups are created very quickly.  Do you see all your other groups available currently?

Chris511
New Contributor

Hi Ash,

Thanks for the quick response.  I had to add myself to the device group even though I am the one and only user on the account.  I don't remember having to do this in the past.

If I create a user group and put myself in it can I have that group automatically have access to all new device groups?

Thanks,
Chris

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

If you grant permission for the device group to your own user group, then you'll have no problem.

Enrique Ochoa
New Contributor

And you will only have to do this each time you create a new group. I like that the system does this. in case a have a tech with limited access to only specific groups that I grant them to have.