cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

How to add GoToAssist Unattended Support to Mac OS Startup?

How to add Goto Assist Unattended Support to MAX Osx Startup? Because once the machine is rebooted we are losing the connectivity of Goto Assist Unattended support session. So adding the Unattended support session app on the start of the MAC system will help us to prevent this.

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: How to add Goto Assist Unattended Support to MAX Osx Startup?

Hi @Sajith 

As long as the initial setup of Unattended is successful on your Mac clients, then it should become available again after the machine reboots and logs in again.  One thing to be aware of is the new Mac OS security setting requiring the end user to confirm the installation has full access (Gatekeeper).  You have to add the GoToAssist Customer (1624) in order for Unattended to work correctly.

New Contributor

@Sajith wrote:

How to add Goto Assist Unattended Support to MAX Osx Startup? Because once the machine is rebooted we are losing the connectivity of Goto Assist Unattended support session. So adding the Unattended support session app on the start of the MAC system will help us to prevent this.

I'm having the same problem and have found no resolution so far. Giving permission to the agent via Security & Privacy > Accessibility does not resolve it. The GoToAssist Unattended Installer appears to install and work correctly, and the device appears in our list of unattended machines, until the machine is rebooted. Once rebooted, the GoToAssist icon is no longer present on the Mac and the machine appears offline in our unattended list. The RescueAssist installer DOES work correctly, but we are still using the GoToAssist site for the time, and the RescueAssist unattended machine does not appear in the GoToAssist site. The Mac in question is running macOS 10.14.6

LogMeIn Contributor

Hey folks, we are currently working on a fix for this issue, and I understand the need is pressing.  As soon as we have an ETA, I'll update this thread.

New Contributor

@AshC wrote:

Hey folks, we are currently working on a fix for this issue, and I understand the need is pressing.  As soon as we have an ETA, I'll update this thread.

Thanks, appreciate the followup and looking forward to an update.

New Contributor

Looks like even more trouble ahead with macOS 10.15. RescueAssist is have difficulty running now.
Is there an ETA on the horizon for GoToAssist or RescueAssist installers on current macOS that will install without issues?

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @uberchemist,

Can you please provide some details about the issues you are seeing with RescueAssist on Mac OS 10.15? 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

We ran into the unidentified developer messages and had to go through these steps to get the RescueAssist unattended installer working:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

I assume if you can get your software signed/notarized by Apple, this could be avoided.

LogMeIn Manager

Thank you! We will share this with the team and make sure they are aware.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!