cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tdsac_lon2
New Contributor

How to find whether files are downloaded from a supported PC , by checking logs

I would like to know how to find whether files were downloaded from a supported PC or not, and if downloaded, how to find  which files have been downloaded, by checking logs saved in the supoorted PC.

Version: Remort Support V4(v4.8 1702)

Best,

6 REPLIES 6
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: How to find whether files are downloaded from a supported PC , by checking logs

Hi @Tdsac_lon2 

We do not track what happens during a session so we are not able to tell you what files may have been accessed. By default files that are downloaded to the client computer go to the downloads folder that their web browser uses. If you know when the remote connection happened you could look for new files/updated files on the computer during that time.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Tdsac_lon2
New Contributor

Re: How to find whether files are downloaded from a supported PC , by checking logs

Hi GlennD,

Thank you for you reply.

I have additional questions.

(1)Is is possible to donwnload files without supported PC's owners clear permission under attended mode?

(Under attended mode, before downloading files, I believe an agent(a person who supports a client) needs to click "file browser" during a remote control session and press "REQUEST PERMISSION." After the client press "Allow" in the dialogue box, file browser windows will be displayed and the agent can browse and download a file in the client's computer. Is any "silent" browsing possible without a client's permission under the attended mode?)

(https://help.gotoassist.com/remote-support/help/getting-files)

(2)Can we know whether GotoAssist Remote Support is installed under attended mode, or a session is activate under attended mode,  by checking logs? (I beleive if gotoassist is installed or activated  under unattended mode, there are some log files named "GoToAssistUnattended")

(3)Can we check whether the Permission by a client for browsing files was done or not  during a session, by checking logs?

Best,

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@Tdsac_lon2  GoToAssist endpoint does require an installation, so there will be software present under the Programs / Applications list.  There will be a log of the file transfer, as permission is required by the endpoint user before this will function. 

Tdsac_lon2
New Contributor

Hi AshC,

Thank you for your reply.

>There will be a log of the file transfer

What's a name of the log file? I have already found several log files. I wonder which one is a log file that might record a file transfer, and  what kind of a log description will be recorded in the log file when file transfer has occurred.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

When you search logs for "DataPipe_FileTransfer"  then you should see the event listed there with a file path included. 

Tdsac_lon2
New Contributor

Hi, AshC,

Thank you for your reply.

I totally appreciate your kind support.

I would like to confirm one thing.

You said " DataPipe_FileTransfer"  should apprear in the logs.

I think there are two types of measures to achieve files from  a client PC to the agent PC

One measure is "file transfer", another one is "file download through FILE BROWSER function".

Even if using "file download through FILE BROWSER function",  would  " DataPipe_FileTransfer"  appear in the logs?