cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fred Marshall
Contributor

Menu bar not accessible by mouse cursor.

This just happened....

I started a remote session and want to turn on Unattended Access (or, anything ELSE!!).

I have the screen showing the top menu bar.

The mouse cursor moves up to the bar but won't proceed into it so I can select anything.

I really need to set the Unattended Access before I close this session.

6 REPLIES 6
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Menu bar not accessible by mouse cursor.

@Fred Marshall Sorry about the confusion there.

Does this client connection have the option to upgrade to run as a service?

Fred Marshall
Contributor

The "option" from where?  The only options I know of are in the top-of-the-window menu under:

1) Unattended Support / Set up Unattended Support

2) Tools / Upgrade to Run as a Service.

Of course, neither of these can be selected under the situation I've described.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@Fred Marshall  The test I usually use to see if it's already at the service level, is to check if Safeboot is an option for this client.  If this is not an option, and you cannot upgrade to run as a service while in session, then it indicates limited user rights on your client's end.  In this scenario, it may be fruitful to have this user disconnect, then reconnect in a new session, but save the file first --- then run the file as administrator manually.

Fred Marshall
Contributor

Well, after all these years, this is the first time I've run into this situation.

Yet, it sounds very reasonable.

The client is a Windows 7 system.

Fred Marshall
Contributor

What "limited user rights" might one expect to look for on a Windows 7 machine or any other (e.g. Windows 10)?  As I said: I've *never* run into this.  It seems odd that it wouldn't have been noticed by now....

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Fred,

I have also seen this behavior where a previous Unattended Access point was set up on the same PC without a full re-installation thereafter. 

Unfortunately when it comes to a brand new user, I can't say which point of failure is the same across each client environment.  Sometimes it can even be an Admin controlled security center that restricts only certain parts of the system.  I would say that you should only see this behavior (where some applications or system preferences remain inaccessible) in rare environments.