cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fred Marshall
Contributor

Which g2ax .exe to choose when unattended access icon disappears?

Sometimes my Unattended Access icon disappears.

While the client machine seems to be on line, it won't open.

If I remote in a different way, I don't see the GTA icons on either the Desktop or in the System Tray.

So, I'm motivated to go to Program Files and create a Desktop shortcut.  But there are so MANY g2ax .exe files to choose from!!!

13 REPLIES 13
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Which g2ax .exe to choose when unattended access icon disappears?

Hi Fred,
While the Remote Support icon should not be randomly disappearing on you, the Unattended exe should be located similar to here: Customer\1251\g2ax_installer_customer.exe

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Fred,

If you are sitting at the computer and the Unattended icon is no longer in your system tray, you can relaunch it using the GoToAssist Customer shortcut in your Windows Start menu (currently still under a Citrix folder). If no one is actually quitting the application from the system tray, I would suspect that something is causing the service to stop running. 

I personally do not use RDP but I know that it does not show you the actual desktop, unlike GoToAssist or VNC. If you are connecting via RDP I am fairly confident that is why you do not see the GoToAssist icon in the tray. 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Fred Marshall
Contributor

Well, I look in Start \ All Programs and there is NOT the familiar Citrix folder there.  So I'm left with "Search"ing for Citrix and don't find it except in the downloads.  And I'm still trying to know the distinction between all the files in Program Files:

Kaz111
Active Contributor

On my GTAE expert, it is pointing to g2ax_start.exe.  Specially, my shortcut states: "C:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Citrix\GoToAssist Remote Support Expert\1092\g2ax_start.exe" "/Action Default" "/Trigger Shortcut"

I am running an older version so yours would be replaced with the appropriate path for your version.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

If you don't see it listed in your start menu there is definitely something going on with this PC. Are you sitting in front of this PC or remotely connected using something other than GoToAssist?
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Fred Marshall
Contributor

Double hop.  I'm using UltraVNC locally - reached using GTA.
Fred Marshall
Contributor

Hmmm, I thought I had replied earlier.  
It appears the hard drive is failing in a graceful mode on this one....
Fred Marshall
Contributor

I got back to needing the answer here and luckily *did* find an .exe that worked.  But there are so many that I forgot.

g2ax_exe.png

So, if nothing is showing and searching for gotoassist doesn't work the which of these should be launched?

Fred Marshall
Contributor

OK.  Used RDP:

So this time I used g2ax_installer_customer.exe ran as Administrator and it caused the latest app to download and install.  Now it's running.

So I gave it the support key and now I have a session running.

In the GTA session:

The System Tray icon does not have "Unattended Access \ Update Password" in the right click menu.

But, "Set up Unattended Support" is grayed out and "Upgrade to Run as a Service" is also grayed out.

So, it looks like it should show up on my list of computers now - but I think it does NOT.

I guess I could install some VNC app to bootstrap this up but that's such a nuisance....

It just seems like this should be possible once one has access to begin with.