cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phil Ellis
New Contributor

unattended window randomly pops to foreground

Windows 10 Enterprise x64 with Expert Application installed, latest G2A version. Since the latest version that added the feature "Unattended window remain open after connecting", while performing remotes, I'll frequently tab over to a web browser on my system and start doing research, twice now while doing this the unattended computer list just pops up into the foreground. I'm starting to sound like a broken record, G2A is the only app on my system that continuously has background and foreground problems, I've never seen anything like this on any other software. Sure it's a minor annoyance but I felt I should notify someone as I'm thinking it can't be unique to me alone.
The frustrating part is I don't know how to reproduce the problem and no indication what is causing it, but this along with the transfer window getting backgrounded on customer systems makes me think this is some kind of rare bug.
9 REPLIES 9
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: unattended window randomly pops to foreground

Hi Phil,

So you are opening the Unattended Support list to connect to a computer, and leaving it open because you plan to connect to another computer on your list at some point?  
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Phil Ellis
New Contributor

Not specifically, I leave it open because it doesn't close by default anymore. If I close it it does stay closed, but I've noticed (and it just happened again) that it pops back up after some time, it seems some activity in the main window causes it to reactivate. It might be notices like, "experiencing network connection issues" or "connection issues resolved" dialogs in the main window awaken the unattended list when it's in the background.
Best way to reproduce it, is open a remote connection, leave unattended list open, then pull a browser up over top of it, after some time the unattended list pops forward. I've noticed it on this remote because it's required a lot of research time, so the unattended sits idle for 20 to 30 minutes between actively using it.
John Vlahos
New Contributor

I have the same issue on my Windows 10 machines. I have GTA open all day, every day. If I'm using the Mac it doesn't happen. But in Windows, even if I'm using another application, the UA lists pops randomly and frequently. I's incredibly annoying and disruptive.

Would welcome a solution for this...
jmatt98
New Contributor

I have the same issue on Version: 3.5 Build 1488. This has been going on for over 6 months now. 
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi John,
Are you actively in session with an Unattended machine or viewing your Unattended List when GTA takes over the foreground?

jmatt98
New Contributor

I just have Gotoassist minimized in the background with no active sessions. the My Unattended Computers list pops up out of nowhere at random times. it seems like it is trying to refresh itself periodically. 
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

The Remote Support software should not randomly pop up into the foreground unless a session key expires, or there is an update attempt of the software.

Have you noticed any changes to either of these scenarios that might fit your environment?

jmatt98
New Contributor

I 90% don't generate session keys. i work off the existing list of computers. Not sure about the software update. 

You can reproduce the issue by opening gotoassist. then bring up the computer list. then minimize the program. after an hour or two My Unattended Computers list randomly pops up when you are working other programs. 
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi John,

I think we have a couple of other posts about this issue and I have already filed it as a bug to fix.

Originally, that window closed as soon as you clicked on Connect for one of your Unattended computers. After frequent requests this was changed, so that you start multiple sessions without having to constantly reopen the Unattended list from the menu. When this change was made I believe we overlooked some of the behavior of the window, I think it was assumed that you would close the window once you had started all the sessions you needed and not leave it open.

When I reported the bug I asked that the window be made to behave more like a standard Windows window, i.e.minimized and respond to alt+tab. I will follow up on this issue once we have the first LogMeIn release completed and every one has successfully updated.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!