cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave Cummins
New Contributor

what the hell is going on with gotoassist since logmein took over

of recent, all my remote support sessions for customers do not work.  Initializing, doesn't run. 20 minutes waiting.  not just from 1 machine, but multiple, different OS, different host.  logmein is the worst thing to happen to gotoassist.  ive had it.  when it's not easy, its not worth the bother.  i would be faster going to my customer sites than putting up with this crap.  total crap. you guys should be ashamed
8 REPLIES 8
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: what the hell is going on with gotoassist since logmein took over

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the frustration, at this time nothing has actually changed regarding the service or software since the merger with LogMeIn. We do have some domain and certificate updates coming as we move off the Citrix properties, but there have been no service issues that would cause what you are describing. http://status.logmeinremotesupport.com/ 

When you say "initializing doesn't run", are you talking about when you (or your employees), try to create a new session for your customer to join? Do you primarily use Attended or Unattended sessions to connect to your customers?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
christian behr
New Contributor

i feel like i may have the same issue. Ever since logmein took over, gotoassist and gotomypc are blocked by our group policy. This was not an issue prior to the change and i am unable to allow this .exe from running.
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Christian,
While our software and executables have not changed, the 'Citrix/GetGo' terms have all changed now to 'LogMeIn' as the company name, which updated all the GoTo Launchers needed to deploy software automatically on clients PCs.

kevinswilliams
New Contributor

This is a perfect example of do NOT touch something if it's working , you ruined Gotoassist, it was such a great program now it barely connects, runs through a browser when its always always always slower through a browser vs the application.

such a waste of a good product , when you aquire another company do yourselves a favor and leave the **bleep** name and functionality ALONE. rescueassist - browser based - logmein = ALL GARBAGE now

"at this time nothing has actually changed regarding the service or software since the merger with LogMeIn"

client cant install chrome extension just sits there but on MY screen it says its installing, on hers "an error has occured this item is already being downloaded and added to chrome" 20min later still NOTHING

Bull**bleep**! the software is a POS now

thanks alot

Dont change anything that is NOT broken!! 

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @kevinswilliams

Remote Support customers can still use the desktop software they are used to, you do not have to use the new web-based RescueAssist. 

Can you provide any more information about your client's experience? Were you on the phone with them at the time or just using the built-in chat? You say they couldn't install the extension, was that because they didn't understand how to or because there was an error or something?

mpwla
New Contributor

Agreed this service has gone down the drain, customer of 6 years here and what the heck happened. It worked flawlessly for years and now running the software from my mac on Catalina is a ****show. Sometimes works in browser, sometimes works in the native app. 

You cannot even read the names of your clients machines because of some glitch (apparent on all of my macs).

Barely legible. And then you create support session endlessly forever.

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 11.04.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-21 at 11.04.18 PM.png

Using my PC is marginally better but seriously you broke a simple task which is the purpose of your whole organization. Bigger picture, to think that PcAnywhere worked on a DIALUP connection and you can't even figure it out for people with gigabit on both ends. Your company should be ashamed for what were paying for this service. Time to look elsewhere.

hmasini
New Contributor

yeah same thing with me i cant  get in today. this happened yesterday too

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @hmasini

We have not had any service issues recently https://status.logmeinremotesupport.com/  can you provide some more details?