cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jason1111
Active Contributor

Drag & Drop from Dashboard

It would be great if we could drag incidents around in the dashboard changing their priority without having to go into the ticket.
5 REPLIES 5
Bcshay
Active Contributor

Re: Drag & Drop from Dashboard

I think what Jason means is having the option to inline edit records in the incident dashboard so he can then group by priority when viewing his queue without having to make the edit on the records page.
jason1111
Active Contributor

Bingo
SaschaZ
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi guys,

Just to re-iterate in order to make sure that I understood the suggestion: You group incidents by Priority on the dashboard, once done you want to be able to drag and drop incidents from one group into another which would update their priority.

If I understood correctly, this behavior could apply to any grouping done on fields that are single selection pick lists. That's a pretty neat idea! 
jason1111
Active Contributor

Spot on Luke. I'm sure others filter with other columns but for me personally by dashboard is sorted by 'priority'.

If I want to switch one to another priority, I go into the ticket and change it which can be time consuming if I need to do this for a number of tickets>

Would be great if I could drag one from Priority 3 to priority 1 directly from the dashboard.  As you say, this could be done for any group.

I don't know much about programming, but when I gave it thought, I imagine this might be difficult for you since the dashboard layout is saved locally?
SaschaZ
Retired GoTo Contributor

I'm not Luke 🙂

As you mentioned, the dashboards do have some form of complexity behind them so it might not be a super easy feature to implement. 

In the meantime, could mass actions help you in this case?