cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_M
New Contributor

Few API related questions/requests

I have a few API related questions about GoToAssist Service Desk.

I am wondering why it is currently not possible to use APIs to delete Customers from the system. I can create and updated them but deletion doesn't seem to be available.

I am also not able to use the Incident API when creating/updating tickets to include custom fields.

I would also like to be able to use APIs to create service desk users and assign them specific portal access. Similar to how I can use APIs to create customer accounts and assign them service portals where they're able to raise incident requests to. i would like to be able to automate the creation and assignment of technicians to their appropriate service desk.

I was told from support that I should submit feature requests through the community forums and that they might be looked at. So I am posting them here. 

Hopefully these will eventually be supported.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Few API related questions/requests

Hi @Daniel_M,

We are currently developing GoTo Resolve as the successor for our GoToAssist and Rescue services. GoTo Resolve has its own ticketing service being built-in so I doubt there will be any new features added to the existing Service Desk API. I will share this feedback with the GoTo Resolve team.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Daniel_M
New Contributor

Hello @GlennD 

If GoToResolve is replacing GoToAssist, when will support end for GoToAssist and will we be forced to migrate to GoToResolve? Seems like there's a lot of API functionality missing in the existing GoToAssist that should have been included from the beginning.

Thank you.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

There is no planned migration date currently. Not to worry, our main focus is on feature parity and developing GoTo Resolve to a state where migration is easy and a logical step for customers. Ticket reporting in GoTo Resolve will initially be a manual CSV export, but the team has already reviewed your feedback and think it would be a good next step.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training