cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnathan11

How to auto respond to user that ticket is closed?

When a user sends us an email at helpdesk@mycompany.com they get an auto response that we are working on the ticket. How can I make it where when we close the ticket that they will get another response that we closed the ticket as well as our comments that we have made. 
6 REPLIES 6
Bcshay
Active Contributor

Re: How to auto respond to user that ticket is closed?

Those settings are default. When you RESOLVE or CLOSE an Incident the Customer will receive a notification email. The notification emails contain the entire discussion and most importantly the resolution. This also applies to updates made on the Incident. 
Johnathan11

Well it is not automatically happening. My users are only added as customers via their email address. They have no login. They email helpdesk and they get the auto response that we put in. But when we close the ticket they are not getting a response back that the ticket is closed. 
Bcshay
Active Contributor

Do you have Notifications configured in Account-Wide Settings? Apparently you have auto response configured. We don't allow Customers to create Incidents via email but I couldn't imagine that changes default notifications. Have you tested this using a lab service?
Johnathan11

I just activated the "respond to customers every time a user saves the file" I will see if this works, and respond back.
Johnathan11

This fixed it, my customers are getting the response back after I close the ticket. 
Bcshay
Active Contributor

Glad you got it sorted!