cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Is this product still being updated?

Hi,

We have no plans to sunset GoToAssist Service Desk and it is still one of our strong products that is valued within the IT community. We are evaluating the direction of Service Desk to make it more compatible for the needs of IT and are looking at the features and options that you find the most valuable as a service management system for your organization.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
GTO80
New Contributor

Glenn, with all do respect we have been a client for about 5yrs and in the beginning there was a lot of interaction and updates, but not so much the last couple of years.  The basic product is solid, but it's getting long in the tooth and honestly, we are considering options.  A few months ago I was contacted by a few logmein folks who seemed ready to take on the world, and now they don't respond to my emails at all.

I know you stated there was a commitment to this product, but from where I sit, and I think my view is shared, we need to see that in action.  It's sad to think just how close Service Desk is to being a great product but we need more from your team to get there.  Third party integration options and more flexibility in customization would be a great start.  Who do I need to convey this to on your team to get this slow ball rolling?  Thanks.

Kevin Ruschman
Active Contributor

The lack of an answer should answer your question.

MikeSmithEvDlv
Active Contributor

Re: The Service Desk software does not have an Android native app to compliment the IOS version?

*Gosh*, I guess we will be assessing both our remote support and service desk platforms next year. Oh well, easy enough transition. Worst part is the embarrassment of changing systems so often.

Kevin Ruschman
Active Contributor

Re: The Service Desk software does not have an Android native app to compliment the IOS version?

@GlennD The problem is that there has been zero communication throughout any of that tranisition. I don't even know who any of my reps are anymore as they have changed at least 5 times in those 2 years. Funny thing is, if you go listen to your CEO talk during the last quarterly report, he even talks about how mismanaged the transition has been. I am anxiously awating the benefits of all of the tranisitioning but at this point I'm not exactly hopeful considering how our experience has been so far.

GTO80
New Contributor

I hope the real answer might be that Glenn took some offense to my post and decided not to reply.  I didn't mean to be negative, but rather to open more dialog where input can be exchanged.  Perhaps my topic should have been: The best way to update a product is to know what your users are needing.  I appreciate all the community support here and hopefully it's at least reviewed by the logmein programmers when considering any updates.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @GTO80

No offense taken, I have a pretty thick skin. My lack of response up until now has simply been due to the fact that I had no news to share. 

Rather than go into how messy and complicated mergers can be (this is my 4th), I will tell you that we added a new Product Manager to the Service Desk team. He has been reviewing all of the customer feedback we receive including here in the community and will be introducing himself to you soon. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
GTO80
New Contributor

Spoiler
Thank you!  Understand about mergers, ugh.  I do hope they put some focus/efforts on Service Desk, it has been a good product for us, but as we know the world of tech changes frequently as do client needs, so to keep current Service Desk needs a bit of love.  Who better to help steer that than those of us who use it everyday?  Thanks again, and I hope you survive the challenge of another merger.
GTO80
New Contributor

Not sure how that Spoiler got placed in my message...