cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruairi Byrne

Out of Office

A staff member is out of office on annual leave and has set up an out of office reply.  This staff member is included on watch lists but each time an item is updated GoToAssist Service desk adds the out of office to the comment.  We have switched on the out of office option in service desk settings but it does not seem to be working.  This is annoying as customers are getting a second update saying that the individual is on annual leave and will reply upon return.  Has anybody come across this issue before?
4 REPLIES 4
SUNRISE1
Active Contributor

Re: Out of Office

In account wide setting, there is a setting called  "Ignore 'Out of Office' emails".

You need to check this setting to not have OO replies be updated to comments.

Mark
Bcshay
Active Contributor

If you read his query clearly he says he did turn on OOO in the Service Desk settings. The problem is, and I've brought this up before, Exchange (at least 2010) doesn't prepend 'Out of Office' to the subject line. It adds Automatic reply: therefore rendering this setting moot. 
SUNRISE1
Active Contributor

I deal with many different government agencies and I never remember having an OoO reply ever appear in my comments.  I know for a fact that these different government agencies use a combination of various versions of Exchange and some even use Lotus Notes.
jemmyw
Active Contributor

We don't actually look for text like "Out of Office". We look for a number of different headers set by Exchange, Lotus, and other email systems. We added some additional checks due to some changes in the way Exchange works in recent versions, and those new checks in ServiceDesk were released only last week.

The 'Ignore Out of Office emails' setting doesn't really do much. We still ignore conforming out of office emails when that is not checked. That setting sets up a different return-path which helps in some email server configurations.

If you have a specific example of it not working then the best thing to do is to contact Citrix Global Support with the Incident reference number in question. Then we can examine the email headers and figure out why we didn't pick it up.