cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bcshay
Active Contributor

Re: TLS encryption for emails

I sent an email to our team and CIO to address this and he was concerned. Also comments checked as Hidden do get sent via the resolved and closed notifications to Users so that workaround is not going to work. We just have to be careful not to include any confidential info in the interim.

Can you please let me know their response to your second inquiry? Thanks.

They're going to have to not only implement TLS for SMTP but also IMAPS or something so that messages sent to the service desk are also encrypted. For us we can use an exchange mailbox. For others that support external clients it's still going to be an issue with messages sent to the service desk. They may have to disallow replies to notifications entirely.
Bcshay
Active Contributor

Did you ever find anything out Chase? I know they're busy dealing with the latest GTA release problem.
Chase Beydler

"Thank you for checking back. The Project Manager of Service Desk is pushing to get this setup with hopes it can come to fruition before the end of the year. I will keep you posted on updates as I receive them."
Bcshay
Active Contributor

Great thanks! is that the "Product" Manager Luke? And thanks for keeping me in the know.
Chase Beydler

Who knows.
Luke Grimstrup
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi guys,

Per comments above, I have been pushing to get this change completed. With that, I have good news, I just received word that we have TLS enabled for the past 24 hours.

You may have noticed we have had issues with sending email over the past couple of days, but we were able to confirm that was unrelated to the TLS change.

Please let myself or our support team know if you experience any issues.
Bcshay
Active Contributor

Great news and verified (see header).

Received: from smrelay1.las.expertcity.com (smrelay1.las.expertcity.com
[216.219.119.5]) (Using TLS) by us-mta-10.us.mimecast.lan; Mon, 29 Sep 2014
19:33:05 -0400

Luke - are there any plans to implement IMAPS so that we can send email to the service desk encrypted for a synchronous secure communication.
Bcshay
Active Contributor

Luke - we started receiving duplicate notifications from the service desk since Friday. Just curious if there is any correlation? My incident number is 07790886. Thanks.
Chase Beydler

I have noticed the double messages, too.
Luke Grimstrup
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hey guys,

Yes - the duplicate emails are unrelated to this particular change, and we are working on a fix for this. We're aiming to release a fix at the end of the day (Pacific Time). I'll post here when it's been done.