cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JVH
Active Contributor

dashboard display - is there a way to make the changes static within my login.

there is a wonderful feature in service desk where you can select the fields that you would like to have displayed on the dashboard. These changes do not appear "static".

1. if I log onto service desk from another device, then I have to make the dashboard changes again

2. we have several different services that we use - my dashboard settings do not replicate when I move from one service to another.   ie when I am in global view - I design my dashboard.   when I select my "add user" service, the dashboard layout is different. 

3. from time to time, all of a sudden, my dashboard layout reverts back to the "default" without warning (even using my main computer).

we have 30+ services so I don't want to be creating the dashboard layout on each service only to have to repeat that every time I use a different device.

is there a way to make this static per user across all services so that no matter where I am working from, or what service I have drilled down to, the dashboard layout is the same.

1 REPLY 1
SaschaZ
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: dashboard display - is there a way to make the changes static within my login.

Hi JVH,

Dashboards are saved in the local cache therefore if your browser cache gets cleared then you will lose your dashboard settings.

The dashboards are thus per device, but they are also per service which is why you need to create your custom board for each service and on each device.

I can see why that isn't optimal on your setup and I'm making note of this situation.

Thanks for the feedback!