cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kuba_bdg
Active Contributor

Attendee can't see video streams from cameras of organizer and other attendees.

As mentioned in subject, when having  our weekly company group meetings, one of attendees never see videostreams from cameras of organizer and other attendees. He can hear other users but his screen (where video streams suppose to be displayed) is white. You can see it on attached screenshot. When his mic and camera are turned on, all other people in the meeting can see and hear him with no problems at all.

Any idea what may be wrong?
Bez tytułu-min.png
Thx,

4 REPLIES 4
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Attendee can't see video streams from cameras of organizer and other attendees.

@kuba_bdg  Do you know the make and model of the attendee's device?

Have they any local firewalls that might be blocking port 1853?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
kuba_bdg
Active Contributor

Re: Attendee can't see video streams from cameras of organizer and other attendees.

Hi, Thanks for reply.
Here's his computer spec. It's in Polish but it shouldn't be a prob in this case :]
Bez tytułu1-min.jpg

I'll ask him to check if there's a firewall running that may be blocking the port you mentioned and
let you know if we managed to fixed it.

Thank you.

kuba_bdg
Active Contributor

One more question. Could you tell me how to check if port 1853 is blocked?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thank you for those specs.  The fact that you can see their webcam indicates the machine may be fully operational, but either a local block or connectivity issue remains.  If they haven't reported any audio or desktop sharing delays we can probably rule out the connection speed.

Unfortunately our 'Connection Wizard' does not check this port for availability, though you may be able to manually go into the Windows CMD prompt to confirm: https://www.printsupportcenter.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003386949-Determine-which-program-uses-or-bl...

(This is rarely a problem, but I thought I'd mention it here just in case)

Another workaround might be to have them use the GoTo Web App instead of the desktop app:  Use the url https://app.gotomeeting.com to join through, with the 9-digi meeting ID.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!