cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bilgediver
Active Contributor

Censoring Option for Closed Captioning?

We had the following feedback in one of our recent training sessions using Gotomeeting:

"Auro captions need to censor curse words and racial slurs. Some words words misconstrued by the program in the goto meetings"

I get its a Beta feature and the auto captioning itself is going to struggle at first (hopefully it gets better over time).

But one of our attendees complained about the lack of censoring in the Closed Captioning. As to the "Racial Slur" comment, none of our presenters use any words that are commonly considered racial slurs, so it must be a word that was also mis-transcribed in the Closed Captioning.   Unfortunately our survey was anonymous so we cannot provide more info beyond what they said.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Censoring Option for Closed Captioning?

@Bilgediver good to see you,

Thank you for your feedback. We understand the importance of ensuring that closed captions are appropriate and sensitive to all. I will be sharing this feedback with the team. 

Your patience as this Beta feature evolves and becomes more accurate is appreciated, thanks again. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bilgediver
Active Contributor

Also Pointing out that they specifically mentioning reading the words in Closed Captioning, but NOT hearing the words.
KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Bilgediver good to see you,

Thank you for your feedback. We understand the importance of ensuring that closed captions are appropriate and sensitive to all. I will be sharing this feedback with the team. 

Your patience as this Beta feature evolves and becomes more accurate is appreciated, thanks again. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training