cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GTMFeedBack3
New Contributor

Missing Feature in new Go To - CRITICAL

As many users have complained, we were forced to switch to the new go to app without any warning. Now this new dumpster fire of an app is missing a key feature -- "remote control all". Now I have to go into the meeting and give participants control one at a time. If someone joins a few minutes late, I have to pause the meeting and take time away to give that person remote control and of course, this happens 10 times over.

Why change something that isn't broken? I'd be willing to pay double for the old app. At least make sure all the features are there before forcing long-time customers to switch.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Missing Feature in new Go To - CRITICAL

Hi @GTMFeedBack3

Thanks for the additional context. We are sending you a follow-up response via email. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KateG
GoTo Moderator

@GTMFeedBack3 Welcome to the GoTo Community, 

Sorry for your frustration with the recent transition. Emails were indeed sent out explaining the changes. 

Screenshot 2024-09-10 134020.png

Remote control access for all participants is still available when you share your screen. You can manage participant access by clicking the mouse icon, it does not need to be paused to click on the mouse icon and select the late joiner. 

GTMFeedBack3
New Contributor

Thank you for trying, but I know that I can give remote control to individual participants. However, in the previous app, there was an option called "give control to all" so I would not need to select 20 participants one at a time. Also, if a new participant joined, they would automatically get control, not have to wait for me to pause the meeting, look for their name, and then give them control. If I had access to the old app, I can show you a screenshot of that feature.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @GTMFeedBack3, thanks for getting back to me. 

Please note that meetings do not need to be paused to give remote control access when someone joins late. You can grant access by clicking on the mouse icon and then the new attendee.

Our team is reading all feedback and has heard your desire to allow remote control by default. The implementation of this is currently being reviewed. You can also make this an idea in our idea section where others can vote and comment. 

If you have more feedback on the new experience, please do let us know. As mentioned, the team is actively listening to new users experience and appreciate your insight.  

GTMFeedBack3
New Contributor

Hi,

@KateG  Thank you for your help. I understand I don't need to pause the meeting, but I meant in terms of pausing my thought process or speaking time. Here is an example of a conversation we had this past week:

Me: Ok team, we are going to review the October budget. For this month we will....oh Phil just joined, let me give him control.

Me: As I was saying, in October we should try to aim for a conservative budget as we are close to year-end. Hang on, Alice joined, let me give her control.

Me: Anyway, getting back to the topic, I have the spreadsheet opened for which we put in September projections and actual expenses. Everyone can work on this spreadsheet in their respective rows to fill out October projections and we can discuss. Wait, John just joined, let me give him control.

This is only a 5-minute snippet. As you can see, without that remote control all function, it is impossible to be fully productive in meetings which is what GoToMeeting was all about.

@GlennD  Why can't we have the old GTM back for 1 more quarter until you fix the bugs and add the missing features? 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @GTMFeedBack3

Thanks for the additional context. We are sending you a follow-up response via email.