cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hgal
New Contributor

Muting and Unmuting

I have a problem I did not have before with my GoTo Meeting sessions.  Before your system was upgraded I could mute and unmute participants on the line when they had background noise.  Now I can no longer do that and it is badly needed since we are a church group that have older members on the line that do not use the Web, they call in.  I found through your support that I can use the mute all feature but that does not help since a participant could be a call in that I would interrupt by muting them.  I need the feature re-installed the way it was so that muting and unmuting single participants is available again.  I have been using GoTo Meeting successfully for our church for more than two years and I need this feature to have smooth sessions during our church services.

Please fix this feature back to what we had before. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Muting and Unmuting

Hi @Hgal, welcome to the community.

In the new GoTo App experience, the organizer can still mute an attendee that has dialed into a meeting by telephone only and has not entered an audio PIN. If the attendee wishes to unmute they can press *6 on their keypad.

GlennD_0-1660061575072.png

GlennD_1-1660061591454.png

GlennD_3-1660061619946.png

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Hgal, welcome to the community.

In the new GoTo App experience, the organizer can still mute an attendee that has dialed into a meeting by telephone only and has not entered an audio PIN. If the attendee wishes to unmute they can press *6 on their keypad.

GlennD_0-1660061575072.png

GlennD_1-1660061591454.png

GlennD_3-1660061619946.png

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Hgal
New Contributor

This is an add on to my prior issue. I understand the participant can unmute themselves after the Organizer mutes them but this does not resolve our issue. We also had the ability to "mute all" and "unmute all" which enabled us as a church to control the background noise when we're on bible study or the choir is singing etc.
Please figure out a way to add it to our church's profile. I can't tell the members of our congregation to *6 everytime they are muted because of prayers, choir, sermons etc that are interactive in a church. Especially since call ins don't know they are muyed by the Organizer. It would be disruptiveand interfere with an active service. I don't understand why you removed that option when it was only used by the organizer. Please help us and restore the option. One more note. It became so frustrating for our members when they were muted so they would just hang up and not particpate in service. I know this is a lot but we can't interrupt the Pastor preaching to tell someone about background noise. Please help us with this issue.
Thank you in advance.