cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wgoods1
Active Contributor

No Audio/Extremely distorted/slow audio in recordings.

I have a user who cannot record meetings successfully. When we both record the same meeting ( <5min test meeting) my recording comes out as expected but his comes out with either no audio or extremely slow/distorted audio. I have tried taking his g2m files and converting them on my laptop with the same results. Is there anything we can do to recover the audio from his recordings? I have already tried to convert his original g2m files as well as just change them to a  *.wmv, the issue persists either way which makes me think it is corrupted while recording, not converting.

I had him uninstall and reinstall the application, but still no luck.

Thank you,

William

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wgoods1
Active Contributor

Re: No Audio/Extremely distorted/slow audio in recordings.

We did more testing with different scenarios (on LAN as well as VPN and hotspot) and so far the issue has only appeared when the user is on their home network, so it seems to be something there that is causing this issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi William,

My first troubleshooting suggestion would be to have the affected PC check with the manufacturer web page to ensure the audio drivers are up to date.  

Secondly, can you tell us if the user is connected via telephone or mic/speakers? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Wgoods1
Active Contributor

Hey Ash,

Yes we have checked drivers and there have been multiple updates to both the client and OS since this started, this is actually an issue we discovered on a recording from a couple months ago, and it is still present when we tested last week.

They were connected to the meeting via phone.

Thank you,

William

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Is this user on a local area network connect, or are they behind a VPN of some kind?  Can you elaborate on the internet connection there? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Wgoods1
Active Contributor

We have seen this behavior both on a VPN (although I use the same VPN no issues) and on the LAN.
Also had another check for drivers and updates today and still no changes. Definitely seems like something with his PC just can't seem to single it out unfortunately.

Wgoods1
Active Contributor

We did more testing with different scenarios (on LAN as well as VPN and hotspot) and so far the issue has only appeared when the user is on their home network, so it seems to be something there that is causing this issue.