cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eolmi2024
New Contributor

Perpetual Waiting For Meeting To Start when launched from Firefox

Whenever I launch a GTW link from Firefox - before the meeting starts, or after - it launches my locally installed GTM app for Windows, and perpetually sits at the "Waiting For Meeting To Start" screen.

When I launch the same link from Chrome, THEN, the same GTM app works correctly, and opens into the presentation.

I've missed the first few minutes of a number of presentations, due to this behavior.  It's dumb.  When will GoToMeeting fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Perpetual Waiting For Meeting To Start when launched from Firefox

Hi @eolmi2024, welcome to the community.

I have moved your post as it appears to be about GoToMeeting, and not GoToWebinar. The browser you use should not matter as the join flow is the same:

• The meeting link opens in the browser which then launches the GoTo Opener  

• The GoTo Opener checks if the GoTo Meeting App is installed already and launches it if it is or downloads and installs first if it isn't installed already
  • The GoTo Meeting App launches and joins the meeting

The first thing I would try is uninstalling the GoTo Opener (Windows>Control Panel>Uninstall Program), and then reinstall it by joining a new meeting or this Test Meeting. Be sure to check the box to Always allow. If you use GMail or Office 365 you can sync your meetings with your calendar and the GoTo App will pop a join option in time for your meetings so you can join directly though the App.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
eolmi2024
New Contributor

Hi GlennD, I should have been more clear/less misleading - this is definitely about GoToWebinar.  A vendor hosts a monthly webinar with GoToWebinar.  It's a listen-only/presentation format, so it's definitely a Webinar.  When I click the link I get the "webinar has not started, please wait" (I forget exact prompt) but it never actually joins IF the link is opened using Firefox.  IF I use Chrome to open the link, then everything works correctly.

Yes, the local Windows app should be browser-independent, but, in my case, it seems not to be.

I ran the test meeting link, but, I couldn't find a link for a "Test Webinar".  I'll have to wait until the next scheduled Webinar to test again (or somehow figure out how to host one myself, to test with)

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@eolmi2024 Thank you for clarifying. I just ran a test webinar where I joined as an attendee before the webinar was started, I used Firefox to open the link and after the GoTo Opener ran I was left with the message displayed below. I then waited for about 10 minutes before starting the webinar as the organizer and the attendee computer connected. For your next webinar I would recommend joining close to the advertised start time and if the message below is displayed make sure it remains open and on top. If you have any security/privacy extensions running in Firefox try disabling them temporarily as a test before you click on your join link.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training