cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K21Academy
New Contributor

Recordings being stopped

The meeting was being recorded but after the break (when the recording was paused) the organizer resumed the recording and it showed the 'Recording in progress' while hovering over the recording button. But when the meeting ended there was no recording available on the portal. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Recordings being stopped

@K21Academy thanks for sending me your information and for bringing this experience to our attention. Our team reviewed the session log files on our side and it showed a double click start/stop happened which resulted in the recording failing to resume and why only half of the recording is now available. Going forward to ensure your recording resumes, only click once and check that the record icon is illuminated. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
KateG
GoTo Moderator

@K21Academy welcome to the GoTo Community.  Hope all is well. Could you let me know the following to help review further: 

• Is this a cloud or local recording? If it's a local recording, please check your documents folder. 
  • If not, we would need the meeting ID to open a case with support to look for it. 

K21Academy
New Contributor

Hi, thank you for responding!

1. It was a cloud recording and it is not available on the GTM portal.

2. Should I share it here publicly? Or is there anywhere else I can send it to you?

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@K21Academy you can click on my user name on the right, and then click the button on the left to send me a private message. Thanks. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@K21Academy thanks for sending me your information and for bringing this experience to our attention. Our team reviewed the session log files on our side and it showed a double click start/stop happened which resulted in the recording failing to resume and why only half of the recording is now available. Going forward to ensure your recording resumes, only click once and check that the record icon is illuminated. 

glen_beckwith
New Contributor

Let me know if you have recovered your recording,  I am also having this problem when we were recording our presentation. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@glen_beckwith welcome to the GoTo Community. Can you provide more details about your experience? How often does this happen? Is the entire meeting not recording or just part, if partial does it occur after you pause the meeting? 

ramsd
Active Contributor

facing the same issue.. the complete meeting is not recorded when we pause and resume the recordings.

and no we are not clicking 'twice'.. probably a bug at gtm end that is causing this to register as a 'double click'

this is happening with local recording as well.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @ramsd,

In order for this to qualify as a bug it needs to be easily reproducible, and so far that has not been the case. I have personally tested stopping and starting recording with both cloud and local recording multiple times and have been unable to recreate the issue, and I know that members of our support and product teams have also tested it. 

For cloud recordings especially, I recommend opening a support ticket and providing the meeting IDs so we can review the logs for indicators of what happened.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

lalkelalke04

thank you for responding!