cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Any issues with new product update? Oct 2019

I started getting the pop up for a new version, I usually wait a few days in case there is any issues  Smiley Happy 

Has anybody reported problems/differences after the upgrade?

7 REPLIES 7
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Any issues with new product update? Oct 2019

Hi @Anupadaka ,

I don't know of any conflicts with the newest GoToMyPC builds.  What operating system do you use on the Host PC?

Active Contributor

I'm having tons of issues. I didn't realize I had auto updates enabled. That was a mistake. The host is a MAC running Mojave.

Launching applications is an issue. Double clicking an app in the tray will not launch the app. Instead it launches the system applications window showing the program and you have to open from there. Once the app opens it automatically throws me into full screen mode whether I want that or not. Big pain in the behind. If I close out an active window in any app with the program still open I can't open another window. I have to quit the app and relaunch.

Even bigger problem is that the tools don't respond in any of the applications. I can select a text block but I can't type into it. I can't magnify anything or change color.  And on and on. Nothing works except the basic selection tool.

I also can't transition between applications. I have to quit whatever app I'm working in and relaunch it every time I move between any of my programs.

Can't work with Chrome at all. The browser launches but it will not respond to any keyboard input. It can load webpages from bookmarks but that's it. Any way to roll this back?

LogMeIn Contributor

@blackhound  I apologize for the toubles there, and thank you for the detailed description. 

Can you confirm that the affected Mac host is running GoToMyPC version 10.2 currently?

Have you been able to reboot the Mac Host after GoToMyPC updated last?

Active Contributor

I checked and the Mac host is running 10.2.

I have not rebooted the host since the auto update. I've been working remotely and have just left the host running. I'll reboot it and see if that clears anything up.

Active Contributor

I did reboot but the problem is persisting. It will work fine for about an hour of continuous use and then it starts to display all the problems I detailed in my earlier post. Sitting with it right now and I can't change programs without restarting the application and my tools are not working at all. Constant rebooting of the apps are the only way to make anything work.

Update: Even rebooting apps isn't working. I have to disconnect and reconnect to clear out the problems and restart all the apps.

LogMeIn Contributor

@blackhound If you'd like to downgrade your host version, please click on my Community name to send over the login email address.

New Contributor

UPDATE

I did upgrade and had no issues. Everything works as wexpected.

O/S is Windows 10 

(in the thread someone with a mac had issues)