cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulBToms
New Contributor

Can't disconnect user who can't connect

Have had this happen twice now, same user.  When Gotomypc service gets flaky and disconnects people/won't let people connect, this user gets 'kicked out'.  When she tries to reconnect, it says she's in session.  From the Corporate dashboard, in active connections, it shows her as connected.   When I click "end", it says "The user could not be disconnected because an unexpected notification".  I tried logging on to her computer with RDP and restarting gotomypc service.  No change.  Rebooted the host computer.  No change.  After maybe 15-30 minutes, she suddenly isn't showing as connected anymore, and can log in.  Any idea what could be causing that, or how to fix it, beyond rebooting and waiting half an hour?

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
GoTo Moderator

Re: Can't disconnect user who can't connect

Hi Paul,

Has the client also tried rebooting when this occurs?  The Host should naturally revert to a state of 'available' upon a sudden disconnect, usually within 30 seconds. 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
PaulBToms
New Contributor

Yes, tried rebooting, tried accessing from another machine. As mentioned, it won't even let me end the session from the management dashboard. I know it should revert, that's why I'm posting it as a problem. 🙂
AshC
GoTo Moderator

Paul, can you confirm the GoToMyPC version set up on the Host PC? 

Is there any security software installed there? 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!