cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Can't get GoToMyPC to finish installing

We have been trying to install GoToMyPC on a new computer for a couple days and can't get it to work. We can get it to install but then can't open it to finish the process. It says it is downloaded but can't even get it to open.
10 REPLIES 10
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Can't get GoToMyPC to finish installing

Hi Matt,
Sorry for the frustration there.
Was GoToMyPC ever installed before on this PC?  Are you remotely connected by other means, or are you sitting directly in front of the computer?

New Contributor

I don't think it was ever installed on this computer. I am sitting directly in front of it.
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Matt, can you verify if the installation wizard ever runs? This is the step-by-step process, including the progress bar that indicates files are being written.

If you've only downloaded the install package (ends in .pkg), and this is what isn't running, please try right-clicking the file and select Open.
New Contributor

As it is installing there is a time and how much being installed going. Once it is done it says gosetup.exe. When I right click that it gives me the option to open but when I click on it nothing happens.

My apologies, I could have sworn I read in your original post that you were on a Mac Smiley Happy. If you are on Windows computer, then the .exe installer is the correct file; please ignore my previous mentioning of a .pkg file.

What kind of antivirus programs do you have, if any? Does GoToMyPC show-up in either your system tray (next to the clock) or in your installed programs list?
New Contributor

It just is showing up in the "downloads" list. But even in there when I double click on it, it won't open. Sorry, I am not much help!!!

It's no trouble at all! What version of Windows are you on? Regardless of what version, I can think of one suggestion for now: in your downloads folder (not from the downloads list in your browser), can you right-click the gosetup.exe file and go to properties, and see if you have an option to Unblock for me please?

If there is no option to unblock in the properties, I think it would be best for you to give our 24/7 support team a call so one of our representatives can connect with you and take a look at what's going on from your side.

New Contributor

Oh my, now I feel dumb!! That was easy there was an unblock!! I looked so long the other day to some how unblock it. Thank you so  much!!! All set!!

I'm glad to hear it's resolved!