cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danegpr
New Contributor

Choosing paper size for printing

I would like to locally print to a Dymo LabelWriter 450 Turbo. I can get it to print, but I use the  GoToMyPC Driver it prints really small like it's printing on an 8x11 normal sheet of paper. If I use the Dymo driver it prints too big and sends out 6 labels instead of 1 and prints across those labels. 

The local computer I am printing from has the correct settings and prints correctly locally, but wrong when I print from the remote PC. 

Is there a solution to manually resizing the print?

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
GoTo Moderator

Re: Choosing paper size for printing

@danegpr  It sounds like you've already tried creating a custom GoToMyPC printer driver for the Dymo device, so the settings should match up when you send the print job from host to client.  Are you able to preview the job before sending it along, in order to confirm the format looks accurate on the Host PC? 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
danegpr
New Contributor

I am unable to preview the print. The bar code that we attempt to print from the Dymo is printing from a Microsoft Access Database. 

It works correctly printing into a laserjet, but not into the Dymo when I make it the default printer. Like I said in the settings for the Dymo it has the correct label size. 

If I print it using the default print driver it prints really small in the corner, in proportion with a normal 8x11 sheet of paper so the barcode is super small. 

If I make a custom install of the printer by finding the Dymo label writer 450 turbo it prints the correct size but spreads it across 6 labels rather than just placing it on 1. 

For right now we have just been allowing the prints to come from a laser printer while we work through the issue. 

See the URL for an image

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6ory6k8sjuwv7h/DSC_0619.JPG?dl=0

AshC
GoTo Moderator

Although I haven't worked with that specific printer type, there may be some advanced settings within the custom driver that you can tweak.  I'm afraid we don't have any history recorded with this printer to guide you further. 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!