cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Chromebook and GoToMyPC - cannot connect

I just got a new Chromebook and can't connect to my remote computer. The error message I'm getting is orry,this machine's operating system is unable to connect to "______" .Please try again using Windows or Mac OS X. For more help, visit GoToMyPC Customer Support or your GoToMyPC administrator. Anyone has any solution?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Chromebook and GoToMyPC - cannot connect

Hi Lana,
I'm sorry, at this time Chromebooks are not a supported OS for GoToMyPC, as this system is limited in size and scope with regards to installing and running applications like you would on a Windows PC.

In the future we may be developing a new Web App for users in restricted environments, but I don't know of a timeline for this improvement yet.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Can't you use the Android app downloaded from the Play Store?
Highlighted
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Sam and Lana,

Thanks for posting!

Per Chromebook support: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/7021273?hl=en, it looks like certain Chromebook devices should be able to run Android tablet and phone apps. I'm not sure that GoToMyPC has been tested on them and therefore, can't guarantee that the GoToMyPC app will work. But if your computer is one of devices on the Chromebook compatibility list then it would be worth testing out.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I see the last reply to this thread was posted 4 months ago (approx March 2017). Has anyone yet tested the GoToMyPC Android App on one of the Chromebooks that supports Android apps?

If so, could you please your results?  I think a Chromebook would be a great travel computer for me, but I need to be able to connect to my Windows computer when traveling.  Chromebook support is something that GoToMyPC users have been requesting from years from what I see.  This could be the way to do it...
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Unfortunately we do not yet have direct compatibility with Chromebooks running Android variations.  You are welcome to look for the GoToMyPC Android app through the Play Store, but we can't promise all the features will work as intended.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I've been using the GoToMyPC Android app on a Samsung Chromebook Pro. It works reasonably well except that once you close the app, you can't relaunch the app unless you sign out of your ChromeOS session and sign back in. I would love to see this fixed.

There are also a few places where clicking with the mouse doesn't work and you have to tap the screen instead.