cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Client screen not updating, keyboard and mouse continue to work remotely

When I'm remoting into my desktop from my laptop via GoToMyPC, my desktop will appear to freeze, because the GoToMyPC screen will stop updating. I've discovered that this is a purely visual glitch with the GoToMyPC software however. My desktop is not in fact frozen, nor is the connection interrupted, because if I move my mouse or click or press keys with my laptop on the GoToMyPC window, the clicks and keypresses are in fact registered on the desktop.

Obviously my internet connection is still working, if my mouse and keypresses are getting through to my desktop, so what's stopping GoToMyPC from updating my screen?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Client screen not updating, keyboard and mouse continue to work remotely

Please share your GoToMyPC App desktop version. If you are on 2921, then we can try changing the version if it works fine after that. You may DM me your  registered email address, in this case.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Abnishek, I have not had much trouble with this since I first posted the problem. When it has happened, I have simply closed GoToMyPC and reopened it, with no consequence other than the lost time. I have also noticed that disabling the sound seems to help the connection run most smoothly. Thank you for your reply. I will DM if the problem returns and persists.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

We run into this a few times a week, and like you said just disconnecting usually fixes the issue. We are mostly 10.3 (2714)