cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julia8
Active Contributor

Client screen not updating, keyboard and mouse continue to work remotely

When I'm remoting into my desktop from my laptop via GoToMyPC, my desktop will appear to freeze, because the GoToMyPC screen will stop updating. I've discovered that this is a purely visual glitch with the GoToMyPC software however. My desktop is not in fact frozen, nor is the connection interrupted, because if I move my mouse or click or press keys with my laptop on the GoToMyPC window, the clicks and keypresses are in fact registered on the desktop.

Obviously my internet connection is still working, if my mouse and keypresses are getting through to my desktop, so what's stopping GoToMyPC from updating my screen?

17 REPLIES 17
Abhishek Yadav
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Client screen not updating, keyboard and mouse continue to work remotely

Please share your GoToMyPC App desktop version. If you are on 2921, then we can try changing the version if it works fine after that. You may DM me your  registered email address, in this case.

julia8
Active Contributor

Abnishek, I have not had much trouble with this since I first posted the problem. When it has happened, I have simply closed GoToMyPC and reopened it, with no consequence other than the lost time. I have also noticed that disabling the sound seems to help the connection run most smoothly. Thank you for your reply. I will DM if the problem returns and persists.

awphillips
Active Contributor

We run into this a few times a week, and like you said just disconnecting usually fixes the issue. We are mostly 10.3 (2714)

RegerLaw
New Contributor

Same issue here - one user is locking up sometimes several times a day.  From his client/home computer, he just sees a static, frozen screen, but on the host computer in the office I can see his cursor moving, mouse clicks work, etc.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  He uninstalled/reinstalled on the client computer, haven't tried on the host yet.  Would it help to try that?   Not sure what version he has, but it was installed within the last several months.

julia8
Active Contributor

I did uninstall and reinstall on the host computer, as well. Not sure if that's what solved the problem, though. I rebooted both computers and I also turn sound off on the client computer every time I use PCOnline, now, and that seems to free up some data transfer. My conclusion was that the issue was most likely related to slow/glitchy internet connection.
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@julia8  @RegerLaw  @awphillips   If you continue to experience issues with the keyboard or mouse controls, please confirm the affected operating system and GoToMyPC host software version.

RegerLaw
New Contributor

Issue isn't with keyboard/mouse controls, those are still working, problem is that the screen/display has locked up on the client side.  It's working at host, but client can't see it, as the screen isn't updating.  Windows 10, latest version (V9.1 Build 3001), was just removed and reinstalled to ensure latest version.  Still having the issues after reinstall and reboot.  Trying to get results of connection wizard to see if it might be a connection issue on his end, though everything else seems to work, even a flaky connection on his end seems like it should cause slow response or disconnect, not a screen freezing while everything else continues to work.

julia8
Active Contributor

I agree with everything you just detailed and am also using updated and latest version of Windows 10. I am curious... when he logs out of PCConnect and logs back in, does the problem temporarily subside? That has been my experience. I really don't think this issue has anything to do with user conditions and is something that needs to get fixed.
RegerLaw
New Contributor

We're using Gotomypc, not PC Connect, not sure if that makes a difference, but yes, if he closes it and reconnects it's back to normal.  Sometimes it'll then be fine for the rest of the day, sometimes it'll happen several times.  It's hard to get entirely accurate info since he's working remotely and I've found people tend to exaggerate when frustrated ("It happens several times a day, every day!" can really mean it happened twice a day, three different days last week...), but it's happening enough that he's complaining about it.  🙂