cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julia8
Active Contributor

Re: Client screen not updating, keyboard and mouse continue to work remotely

Right. I am also using GoToMyPC. My calling it PC Connect, etc. is just evidence of my brain overload. Ha!

RegerLaw
New Contributor

Thought that might be the case, but didn't want to assume.  I know LogMeIn and GoToMyPC are 'related' now, thought maybe PC Connect was another cousin.  I have a user who still insists on calling it PCAnywhere...

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Can you see if an update is available for the Host PC?  The current version should be 11.4 I believe, which resolved a couple of issues that sound similar to yours.

RegerLaw
New Contributor

He is on that version, but I don't know when it updated (it's set to auto-update).  He said it happened a few times last week, but is going to keep me posted this week. 

RegerLaw
New Contributor

That was quick.  Just got an email that it 'froze' again just now. Running latest version.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@RegerLaw  If they're running version 11.4 already, then it may be local processing power on the PC itself.  Do you know if the affected user was doing any file transfers a the time?

RegerLaw
New Contributor

No file transfer, just generally using gotomypc.  I'm not sure he'd know how to do a file transfer if he wanted to. 🙂  I had him check the "session diagnostics" and everything was green, except for 'available memory' on the client side, which was 3.1GB/7.9GB, which seems like it should be adequate (and was actually higher than the 'host' available memory, which was green at 2.8).  Internet speeds were 90/90 and 150/40, cpu usage under 1%.  Obviously that was when it was working, not a real-time thing, but at least seems to indicate that it's not an internet connection issue...

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@RegerLaw  Can you click my Community name in order to privately confirm the affected user's email and host nickname?